All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

skinny minny

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
Feel a bit of a nerk asking this but am playing a bit tomorrow pm and one number is skinny minny. My searching tells me tenor sax is in E maj. When I play this in E it doesnt sound like this track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuV9sJjcsd4

I play Eb slipping up to E then B then Ab. What is he playing on the track? I can play something that'll get me through this ok but I'd like to play it like the real thing.

Any takers?

BigMartin

Locality
Manchester, UK
That track sounds like blues in concert F# to me (Ab for the tenor). Not sure if this is what you mean but the sax riff at the beginning is going Ab, F, Eb, Ab etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
Yeah, that'll do it. I have found before how my ear can play tricks on me. Thanks again.
Mike

johnboy

Locality
ISLE OF WIGHT, UK
That track sounds like blues in concert F# to me (Ab for the tenor). Not sure if this is what you mean but the sax riff at the beginning is going Ab, F, Eb, Ab etc.

Hi Martin, I think you were tuned a semitone sharp when you checked this. I don't think "Rudi" ever played in that key (far too complicated for Rock 'n Roll ;})

John :):);}

Fraser Jarvis

If your playing tenor for the main part it's in C major...for the change you can use a D blues if you wish.

johnboy

Locality
ISLE OF WIGHT, UK
Just "Play it!". It will get easier. ;};};}:shocked:

BigMartin

Locality
Manchester, UK
Hi Martin, I think you were tuned a semitone sharp when you checked this. I don't think "Rudi" ever played in that key (far too complicated for Rock 'n Roll ;})

Maybe there was something funny going on with the YouTube clip.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom