All profit supporting   special needs music

Skinheads (OT from reggae thread)

Targa

Among the pigeons
Locality
KIC 8462852
I got caned after assembly with two other lads for making them laugh.
The head was reading the 'lesson' about the flood and when he said 'God drowned all the living beings' I wondered out loud 'How did he drown the fish'?
Apparently philosophical thought was not to be encouraged.

Reactions: Sue

Alice

Psychedelic
Locality
Kent
I got caned after assembly with two other lads for making them laugh.
The head was reading the 'lesson' about the flood and when he said 'God drowned all the living beings' I wondered out loud 'How did he drown the fish'?
Apparently philosophical thought was not to be encouraged.
You got caned for that? Nowadays you’d be offered a Frappuccino and a large muffin with some time to think about your “choices”.

Reactions: Sue

Targa

Among the pigeons
Locality
KIC 8462852
You got caned for that? Nowadays you’d be offered a Frappuccino and a large muffin with some time to think about your “choices”.
I 'got even'. Four years later they decided they would have a teachers vs the hockey team match, the only time they did.
I had a length of wood in my hands and revenge in my heart!

These groups had names associated with their allegiance but I don't care to give them publicity.
So in sharing that, its a message of how sad it is, what the few do to ruin things for others.
I listened to this podcast this morning. It made me remember this discussion. If anyone is interested in how these movements gain strength in England, this is an interview about a man who explains how he got involved. It's especially important to understand this if you are a parent.

“You can binge watch an ideology in a weekend,” says Tony McAleer. He should know. A former white supremacist, McAleer was introduced to neo-Nazi ideology through the U.K. punk scene in the 1980s. But after his daughter was born, he embarked on a decades-long journey from hate to compassion.

His book was apparently made into a video: https://amzn.to/3123vLj

Top Bottom