supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Sketches with Pete Canter's October Ensemble

Pete C

On the off chance any of you are in Exeter tomorrow night I have the premier performance of my new suite "Sketches" in the Exeter Vibraphonic Festival. The performance is at 8pm in the Exeter Phoenix Voodoo Lounge (tickets £7.50). The music is jazz meets film-score meets groove with some found sound chucked in as linking material. The 10-piece October Ensemble comprises me on tenor and soprano saxes, a jazz rhythm section, 3 strings, 2 flugelhorns and a french horn. All the rehearsals are done, tickets are selling and now there is nothing left to do but hump a few carloads of gear down to the Phoenix tomorrow and play it!! Pete

OP
P

Pete C

Sketches

The performance of Sketches on Saturday went really well, good audience, great atmosphere, good lighting. I'm planning a couple more performances so hope you can make one of them. May even expand the string section from 3 to 7 or 8!!

Ricwsax

I can vouch that it went well - I was there! Excellent music, brilliantly played. I'd normally expect to travel 200 miles to London to hear music like this, what a treat to have it performed just up the road. An expanded string section would add another texture (BTW I thought the three strings worked well).

Let us know when the next performances are (well worth the journey all you up-countryites).

Top Bottom