All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Ska/Reggae and TV Adds?

Fraser Jarvis

Not shure if this has been covered before but it seems every time theres an ad break on TV these days the adds all seem to use Ska or Reggae as their backing and with plenty of sax, Asda and British Gas in particular.

But why? this kind of music is not exactly main stream or liked by many so i wonder why they just don't use regular pop?

Which brings me to the next question, who is the mystery sax player? obviously a good session musician, Snake Davis....or could it be our very own Pete Thomas? heard a baritone sax on one that definitely sounded like Pete!

sushidushi

Mine's an espresso
Re: Ska/Reggae and TV Ads?

I don't know the adverts, being in exile, but I suppose British Gas and Asda aren't aiming to appeal to the Justin Bieber and Nikki Minaj listening demographic.

Fraser Jarvis

I don't know the adverts, being in exile, but I suppose British Gas and Asda aren't aiming to appeal to the Justin Bieber and Nikki Minaj listening demographic.
No but on the other hand why on earth would Asda think the average 2.4 kids working mum who shops there would be in to Jackie Mittoo or Prince Buster?

Colin the Bear

I recently noticed a mean baritone on bargain hunt. Once you notice them, saxophones are everywhere.

sushidushi

Mine's an espresso
No but on the other hand why on earth would Asda think the average 2.4 kids working mum who shops there would be in to Jackie Mittoo or Prince Buster?
Because they were Madness fans in their youth and it seems slightly familiar to them but not enough to make them cry at how old they are now?

BUMNOTE

Because they were Madness fans in their youth and it seems slightly familiar to them but not enough to make them cry at how old they are now?
Also if you ever go to any northern soul nights,especialy The Twisted Wheel which sadly is now closed,when they played ska and reggae the floor was rammed with people dancing.:happydance:Bumnote.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"

surely... pretty much everyone likes vintage ska- guaranteed to put a smile on pretty much anybodies face

Colin the Bear

Alternative and underground cult music becomes mainstream as you get older. Get used to it. Wait till they start reviving stuff you thought was new. ;}

AndyWhiteford

on lots of ads & TV pieces I hear 1/ Gypsy-Jazz [YAY!!} and 2/ ukeleles [BOO!!!]

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom