All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Sir Harry Webb's New CD.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Have you seen the Harry Webb CD advert?

It suggests that he is a Big Band singer with a bit of blues or rhythm and blues (old style) thrown in. On "I just want to make love to you." he is even more wooden than the early Jagger and he seems totally incapable of Sinatra style phrasing or of swinging.

If you buy this plastic disc of a plastic performer, kill yourself. If you are given it for Christmas, kill the donor.

C.R. has put the cause of Billy May, Nelson Riddle, Neal Hefti, JJ Johnson, Quincey Jones, all the Big Band staff arrangers and right thinking musicians back a thousand years.

Summed up in one word; egregious.

BigMartin

I quite agree. Feeble. Gives us old gits a bad reputation with the younger generation(s) too!

singlereed

Have you seen the Harry Webb CD advert?QUOTE]

... the CD is evidently a total load of sh*te. I listened to a few clips and he plainly asn't a clue how to sing this stuff. I respect him for all he has done and even profess to some enjoyment when when I took my wife to see the last Cliff & the SHadows gig last year. But this is awful.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Did anyone see the interview with Bruce Welch on TV recently when he was talking about when he got his new Flamingo Red Strat.
"I wonder what this knob does?" wondered Bruce "He's the lead singer" said Harry Hill.
Harsh? I don't think so!

johnboy

Have you seen the Harry Webb CD advert?

It suggests that he is a Big Band singer with a bit of blues or rhythm and blues (old style) thrown in. On "I just want to make love to you." he is even more wooden than the early Jagger and he seems totally incapable of Sinatra style phrasing or of swinging.

If you buy this plastic disc of a plastic performer, kill yourself. If you are given it for Christmas, kill the donor.

C.R. has put the cause of Billy May, Nelson Riddle, Neal Hefti, JJ Johnson, Quincey Jones, all the Big Band staff arrangers and right thinking musicians back a thousand years.

Summed up in one word; egregious.
Egregious, - my dictionary agrees with you!

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom