support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Sir Elton John is coming out with a new album!

Rawr

Sir Elton John and Bernie Taupin are working on a new album for 2012! :w00t: It's gonna be really awesome, and produced by T-Bone again! I am very excited! Just wondering if you guys were! :w00t: :w00t:

Best of Wishes,
Rawr!

Well! Hahahaha, Reginald Kenneth Dwight came out to the rolling stones in the 1970s! And Sir Elton Hercules John, can make hits in an hour of time. Example: Crocodile Rock or Daniel. Hahahaha, Enjoyed your comments! Very awesome humor here!

Back in the 60's n 70's ...

I preferred listening to his music before he was widely acknowledged as an OK songwriter/singer ...

Tumbleweed Connection was a quite good album ... :thumb:

Captain Fantastic is my fave EJ album as well except the song "Philadelphia Freedom" which I absolutely hate.

Favorite tune that should have been a single but never was..."Burn Down the Bridges" Check out the live version on the album "17/11/70" and the studio version on "Tumbleweed Connection"

Speaking of live versions, if you like Bennie and the Jets search up Bennie and the Jets 1984 Breaking Hearts Tour Wembley. Or just Bennie and the Jets 1984 Wembley. It's great, he throws the piano stool.

Speaking of live versions, if you like Bennie and the Jets search up Bennie and the Jets 1984 Breaking Hearts Tour Wembley. Or just Bennie and the Jets 1984 Wembley. It's great, he throws the piano stool.

I went to see him recently. Bennie & The Jets has never been a favourite of mine, but it was on the night. It was amazing.

Amazing it takes that long.
I don't think you know much about making and recording music. He literally makes all the music and records in an hour. Other musicians take a ton of time to do this. If your still not understanding, making music parts, and recording.

That is so awesome Saxysax! I am jealous.

There's not a lot of depth to his music. Just a few notes, lots of repetition. Reasonable beat.

Watch it Kev, I'm the registered forum grump.

Taupin's words were better than Dwight's music, the amusing part is that Taupin sent Dwight, sorry, Sir Dwight the words and then he, Sir Dwight composed, or was it composted?

It seems that the Sir Dwight PR department is working overtime. If he really did play all the parts and sang any backing vocals, it must have taken over an hour for the engineer alone to mike the various instruments up.

Guess I'm getting old.

I am sorry but his music is great! And not all of his music is written in an hour. And I bet many of you couldn't play his music.

I am sorry but his music is great! And not all of his music is written in an hour. And I bet many of you couldn't play his music.

Isn't it rash to assume we would want to?

Relax, young rawr and we'll stop pulling your leg.

Most of us are pretty passionate about music but we are aware that other members will bring us back to earth if we appear too enthusiastic. Something about irony or in my case, getting rusty.

Don't worry. we all have different opinions. It's good to talk them over without getting uptight. I loved Led Zeppelin. Hardly listen to it now. My father hated it. Now it's played often on mainstream radio, he quite likes it, and I turn it off.....

But it doesn't matter what you like/don't like, there'll always be people with different tastes, and others who'll rib you for your tastes. I'm starting to appreciate soul now, but it wasn't fashionable in my group when I was at school, so I missed out on a lot of it. In some ways I'm sorry, but on the other hand I have the pleasure of exploring it now, without peer pressure causing me to ask if I should admit to wanting to hear it.

I dislike bebop. Intensely. I dislike the sound of the alto. souds like an overloud kazoo. Heresy for a sax guy....

But here I am hearing other people enjoy it. I take another listen every now and again, but not for long.

Stand up for what you want to listen to. Tell us what you think is great. But expect some lively discussions - it's one of the strengths of this forum, that we can hold opposing views, without needed to fight about them.