All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Simple Sunny with delay through Vocal 300

Colin the Bear

Nice rendition. Very moving.

The effect seems to be robbing some of your rich tone. It has some strange overtones here and there.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Nice version, just be careful you don't lose your sound/tone while playing with effects as that detracts from your playing..

Chris...

dooce

Nice rendition. Very moving.

The effect seems to be robbing some of your rich tone. It has some strange overtones here and there.
Yeh, I agree. Nice playing though, sparce as you say but not sure the effects bring anything to it. Is it just delay you've got programmed into the box?

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Excellent playing (as usual). The effect: too slow a bounce/echo and can only be heard when you leave a gap after the note and is otherwise drowned out by what follows. The reverb within it is nice, but the bounce wasted. IMHO these effects are best when used sparingly or where the bounce accents the existing rhythm. Otherwise it's a separate rhythm/element that distracts. You may wish to try a more up-tempo piece putting the bounce within the rhythm (1/8, 1/16, 1/32) and play chord tones that jump around. This generates decaying chords that move with each new note. Can be amusing for a while (shouldn't be overused).

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Its great we all hear our own things.I have to say i really like it :shocked: only got the Digitech yesterday and had a quick run through but i done the delay mix on 1 of the pads which i used here.I love all the different views.Good to see what others like,dislike.Another case of some go left,some go right.Keeps things fresh and so it should.Sorry to be bah humbug but its what i wanted it to sound like and i likes it alot.I have to admit i was very happy with my tone sound.I thought it sounded very rich and intimate and i smiled when i played it back.Again though i love getting all good,bad views on my stuff.Good thing here is though its a place where we can agree or disagree and be heard.Theres no point having to agree when you dont or vice versa.Some like Marmite,some dont.I'll get back to my XXL large G&T now,had a hard month of gigs and just back in from yet another.Rock and Roll baby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Yea, the sound is good, it's just the timing of the bounce, but hey, if you like it, that's what counts. Novelty can be a great inspiration, till you get used to (or sick of) it. Marmite ... yuck, like something scraped from under a foreskin (can you say foreskin here? or does it have to be 4 skin?)

Wishing you the very best for the holidays.

daveysaxboy

Yea, the sound is good, it's just the timing of the bounce, but hey, if you like it, that's what counts. Novelty can be a great inspiration, till you get used to (or sick of) it. Marmite ... yuck, like something scraped from under a foreskin (can you say foreskin here? or does it have to be 4 skin?)

Wishing you the very best for the holidays.
Seems we differ in concept of timing also :))) :))) i think the delay bounce fits perfect.As how loud it is also :shocked: We are a strange breed us bendy metal blowers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin the Bear

It's good to share with people who will give an honest opinion and it's good to be able to give an honest opinion to someone who's confident enough to take it on board in the spirit it's given.

It's all down to taste in the end and there's no accounting for that.

Keep 'em coming

daveysaxboy

It's good to share with people who will give an honest opinion and it's good to be able to give an honest opinion to someone who's confident enough to take it on board in the spirit it's given.

It's all down to taste in the end and there's no accounting for that.

Keep 'em coming
Also as its a great discussion forum where we should all be brave enough to be able to disagree with someone if we dont agree on the findings.All opinions are great and thats the joy of the forum but if you like or dont like something you have the chance here to say that.Free speech and free thoughts are King.Keep them coming.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom