support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Simple Jazz Standards

All the things you are
My Little Suede Shoes

These were suggested to me recently since they are simple 2-5’s in an easy key. I’m currently in the process of learning more about jazz standards as well!

Don’t forget the ultimate ii-V-I tutorial tune, Autumn Leaves. Parker’s Mood is good too. Pretty straightforward Blues, but you got know the blues!

I dunno. I look at what OP requested, and do not nexessarily think that is synonymous with 'classic/popular standards' or 'standards following a conventional jazz chord progression'.

But maybe I am reading that wrong (?):

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of re-learning jazz standards that I know, and learning new ones. I am looking for suggestions for standards with simple(ish) heads, including ones that aren't quite as well known, but still recognizable.

Thanks everyone!

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of re-learning jazz standards that I know, and learning new ones. I am looking for suggestions for standards with simple(ish) heads, including ones that aren't quite as well known, but still recognizable.

Thanks everyone!
Blue Moon
Blue Bossa
Watermelon Man
Although the above are quite well known, they fit into the simple melodies that you are after.

It depends on your level, but i wouldn't exactly class " All the things you are" as simple melody or simple improvisation

I dunno. I look at what OP requested, and do not nexessarily think that is synonymous with 'classic/popular standards' or 'standards following a conventional jazz chord progression'.

But maybe I am reading that wrong (?):

Perhaps not, I figured all else being equal a song that is simple to solo over might be a fun place to start.
Also, OP requested songs that “that aren’t quite as well known but still recognizable”

Blue Moon
Blue Bossa
Watermelon Man
Although the above are quite well known, they fit into the simple melodies that you are after.

It depends on your level, but i wouldn't exactly class " All the things you are" as simple melody or simple improvisation

Fair enough, +1 for Blue Bossa