support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Sibelius

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in Cumbria
Café Supporter
Locality
Penrith, Cumbria, UK
This is the slow movement of Sibelius' Karelia Suite, the Ballade. This was recorded by me at the concert on Saturday, I'm playing cello. Unfortunatley, I didn't twig that putting fresh batteries int eh recorder woudl reset its settings, so the gain is too high and the loud bits clip...

See what you think...

Last edited:
@Jazzaferri - it's a Google Drive link, so you can download it - I've refreshed it. I've tested it and it tells me that I need to use 'Music PLayer for Google Drive' to play it... which seems to work.

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else

Ahhhh...... Google and Microsoft (nor MS Edge) not get along.

:( Can't get it - maybe file too large for iPhone? …[ insert bated breath emoji here]…

The Intermezzo was used as the theme to Granada / ITVs equivalent of Panorama called 'This Week'

And this is who was playing...

upload_2017-3-20_23-21-49.jpeg

It's doing my nut in. What was that the theme tune for on the box?

I had to read this about 5 times before I understood what it meant. :) "Nut" and "box" don't mean those things around these parts...

I enjoyed these recordings. Maybe I should get some Sibelius. I have the software, but none of the music.

I had to read this about 5 times before I understood what it meant. :) "Nut" and "box" don't mean those things around these parts...

Try ginger nut. That has a lot of connotations that aren't forum friendly.

I enjoyed these recordings. Maybe I should get some Sibelius. I have the software, but none of the music.

Yes, superb music. Karelia suite and Finlandia are big favourites of mine.

Intermezzo gives the strings a good workout
Tell me about it! The first 40 or 50 bars are demi semi quaver 'doubles' (I.e. Two of each note) on two notes on adjacent strings.... that's in time, not 'free' as it is with tremolo

Ouch :verysad Yodeling between Eb and Bb. I don't recognize the markings between the note and demisemi lines And quiet too.

Just got back from R&B big band rehearsal. Why is it that trumpets have such a hard time with that p mark

Ouch :verysad Yodeling between Eb and Bb. I don't recognize the markings between the note and demisemi lines And quiet too.

Just got back from R&B big band rehearsal. Why is it that trumpets have such a hard time with that p mark
Because it's written as semis with an extra (broken) line, it meeans play a pair of demi-semis for each notated note, hence 'doubles'. The numbers are to help you keep track of how many bars of it you've got to endure