SHWoodwind Updates

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
@Stephen Howard, if you wonder why I rated that funny it's because I haven't looked at the 'Guide' itself yet but read 'The end' and by the time I got to:
'If you've never visited a saxophone forum you probably think this is all a bit far-fetched. If you have, though, you'll probably be thinking "Ooh yeah - I remember that thread!" '
I'd not only remembered the thread(s) but started filling in the names of the protaganists.

Stephen Howard

@Stephen Howard, if you wonder why I rated that funny it's because I haven't looked at the 'Guide' itself yet but read 'The end' and by the time I got to:
'If you've never visited a saxophone forum you probably think this is all a bit far-fetched. If you have, though, you'll probably be thinking "Ooh yeah - I remember that thread!" '
I'd not only remembered the thread(s) but started filling in the names of the protaganists.
I kinda guessed ;)

I did think about adding "..and you know who you are"...but in the end I felt it didn't really need to say it >:)

jbtsax

old and opinionated
Subscriber
That work is simply brilliant @Stephen Howard. I can't fathom how you can find time to do presentations of that quality and do repairs as well. I could have really used something like that 20 year ago when I started a 2nd career in saxophone repair. The Reg Thorpe manual has some good illustrations showing various octave mechanism designs, but unfortunately he provides little instruction on how to make them work properly. This should be required reading for students at Redwing and Renton repair schools. With your permission I would like to send a note to those instructors letting them know this resource is available.

llamedos

Writings of the quality of "the end" should come with a warning not to read them whilst nursing a mug of hot coffee!! The explanation of the flame effect had me harking back to the Gerard Hoffnung epic tale of the hoisting of a barrel of bricks for some reason but the whole piece is a joy from soup to nuts!!
Congratulations Stephen, keep them coming please. Just off for a change of trousers to avoid being accused of doing something rather childish.
Dave

Top Bottom