support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Show us your reedcase

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
Due to the great appreciation for Adrian's in another thread, time for some reedcase discussion. As an accessory it must feel somewhat neglected on the forum sometimes so here's you chance to give it some love and make it feel appreciated.

I was given one of these Vandoren cases last Xmas but promptly lost the round disk on the front which I believe renders it useless:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 152
Very slick Mr Wales...
Oh ; not so slick you lost half of it...tut

lost the round disk
The round disk says "add water when blue" ... So only really matter when y'r down cuz ya womans left ya for another man and the rent is du'

IMG_20201112_182019.jpg

Contents:
3 x alto v21
3 x Clarinet v21
3 x tenor Royal
3 x tenor D'addario select

Last edited:
Folks, you don't need to attach image files, in fact it says right there "Not for images". There's an image icon next to the paragraph symbol in the row of icons at the top of the post. Click there and either drag and drop, or, with your new found care in reading instructions, click where it says "or click here" and do a search for the image on local storage.

Ah, mobile, maybe that doesn't work?

IMG_20201112_182850__01.jpg

I was given one of these Vandoren cases last Xmas but promptly lost the round disk on the front which I believe renders it useless:
why is it useless? you can still store reeds in it, no? just lost the humidity control which I've never been a fan of anyways... most cases don't have one.

Boy do I feel "low tech". :doh: I have been using Rico Reedguards super glued together to hold six numbered reeds for as long as I can remember. Yellow is for "classical" and red is for "jazz". Someone gave the the one on the left as a gift and I have never used it.

1605225640329.jpeg

if that makes you feel better I'm on the same camp. I have been using the discontinued Vandoren 4 reeds blue cases forever too. when they discontinued it I actually went shop for a few spares to last a lifetime, so much I like it.

iu.jpeg

20201113_124637.jpg
Rico case on the left is for Soprano. Vandoren case on the right is for Tenor. I prefer the Rico case because it is easier to open and holds 8 reeds.

Have you tried contacting Vandoren ? Couple quid may get one in your post box.

why is it useless? you can still store reeds in it, no? just lost the humidity control which I've never been a fan of anyways... most cases don't have one.
I guess but how is it any better than the plastic case it comes in or just leaving it on the mouthpiece as I do now? Was hoping the humidity thing would allow me to play the reed straight away

~Thought I did once but probably contacted the wrong people with a very dodgy description of what I was after :) I've used your link to contact customer services and ask them if I can purchase the disk, thanks a lot.

Click there and either drag and drop, or,
Actually on computer, you don’t even need to click the icon, just drag and drop the photo straight to message area.

(You can then resize, align, add title etc.)

€4.50 for the replacement kit plus €19.60 p&p o_O

Back
Top Bottom