support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD Shakshama double ring Florida link tenor 7* £400 ono

eb424

Locality
london
Price of Item
£400
Cafe Fundraising
5 % min
Verified Shakshama double ring Florida. Bought hoping 7* would not be to wide; unfortunatelly it is..Hancrafted copy of the best playing original piece..Intonation spot on great player great sound..£400 ovno. Cant download pics rivht now but availlable on request

eb424

Locality
london
I dont know why i bought a link...lebayle works for me...

eb424

Locality
london
Me too.

And yet you keep trying others…

FWIW and back on topic: I’ve played the Sakshama Double Ring in a 7*, and they are great mouthpieces. Sakshama does nice facings that play well. Not tubby.
Lol..don't think 1 sax and 2 mpces is overly excessive tbf...its quite hard when you have no other input into what sounds good..think the shakshama would be great for recording. It has more body and depth than the lebayle..

Dr G

Locality
Northern California
Lol..don't think 1 sax and 2 mpces is overly excessive tbf...its quite hard when you have no other input into what sounds good..think the shakshama would be great for recording. It has more body and depth than the lebayle..

I don’t understand why you would limit the Sakshama to recording. It would also be fine for playing live as it has plenty of character and dynamic range. If you need more volume, then you need to learn how to blow it, how to shape your air stream and support your air.

eb424

Locality
london
I don’t understand why you would limit the Sakshama to recording. It would also be fine for playing live as it has plenty of character and dynamic range. If you need more volume, then you need to learn how to blow it, how to shape your air stream and support your air.
I dont unferstand my airstreams fine on the lebayle 7...tried 5 ligs and 10 different reeds ranging from java red 2s ( the best by far) greens 2 1/2 rigotti 2 5 soft and med and dsj 2m and hard..Maybe link type pieces are just not for me. I even changed the crook from c1 to original g1to know avail..Plasicovers 2 were ok but a little tinny..

Dr G

Locality
Northern California
I dont unferstand my airstreams fine on the lebayle 7...tried 5 ligs and 10 different reeds ranging from java red 2s ( the best by far) greens 2 1/2 rigotti 2 5 soft and med and dsj 2m and hard..Maybe link type pieces are just not for me. I even changed the crook from c1 to original g1to know avail..Plasicovers 2 were ok but a little tinny..

Yeah, Link-style pieces just blow differently. That’s the bottom line.

eb424

Locality
london
Yeah, Link-style pieces just blow differently. That’s the bottom line.
How tho @Dr G ...I can play my mates fine..rheres nothing wrong with the piece..is a 7* and 2 reed an ok match..I ws reeding a review by Steve Neff regarding baffles. He said if the baffle is near the tip ac reed with a stronger tip is better.. I ssumedvthe difference to be like java reds and greens..

Dr G

Locality
Northern California
How tho @Dr G ...I can play my mates fine..rheres nothing wrong with the piece..is a 7* and 2 reed an ok match..I ws reeding a review by Steve Neff regarding baffles. He said if the baffle is near the tip ac reed with a stronger tip is better.. I ssumedvthe difference to be like java reds and greens..

When playing a ‘piece with less baffle, the mouthpiece is more sensitive to how one shapes the air. Opening the throat, shaping the tongue, blowing all the way through the horn…. This is sounding redundant, as if we had talked about this before. Reeds for classical playing tend to have thinner tips. I like a thicker tip for a lil’ more buzz to the core. I don’t know what you are quoting from Steve, and am not sure that it applies to this mouthpiece since it doesn’t have a very prominent baffle. Regardless, I would happily use either Alexander DC or Rigotti reeds.

Apologies for derailing your sales thread. Sakshama delivers on what he claims the piece to be. Even from his early days when the pieces looked less pretty, they always played well.

eb424

Locality
london
Guess its just not for me..I cant get the volume i want...beautiful tone but i probably need a smaller tip opening with a large chamber low baffle piece.

Top Bottom