support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Sequoia Lemon Tenor Saxophone

Jez Watson

Locality
UK
Price of Item
£1400
Due to long standing RSI issues i am reluctantly selling this sax as i dont think i can play regular anymore, bought almost 3 years ago after trip to see Aldevis who knows the history of this horn, its developing a nice patina in the time i have had it from new. Hasn't been played much since had a check over by Steve Crow who remarked that it had a nice pad job and was probably just as good as a modern Selmer!
I will be out of the country from the 18th Dec until the new year, i can be reached on 07760444339
May consider very close offers for a quick and easy transaction!

Turmeric! @Jez Watson. I'm suffering with severe tendonitis due to years of glass blowing and I've been drinking turmeric tea, using turmeric in anything that I can, and it seems to be doing the job. I couldn't play guitar for several months but now it is reasonably pain free.
Sorry to hi-jack your sale but I hope this helps with your RSI.

Sorry you're still struggling with the tenor, Jez, you sounded good on it. I'd be seriously tempted if I didn't already have two tenors.

Sorry you're still struggling with the tenor, Jez, you sounded good on it. I'd be seriously tempted if I didn't already have two tenors.
Thanks man, I've been having physio and doing light weights in gym and been doing Chi Kung past 5 months and I'm still having the same issues, i have managed to start playing double bass again but im having issue with that as well, i am now looking at seeing how my condition is with playing electric bass as that should be easier for me and to be honest is the one thing i am most experienced at but its the weight issue which impacts on my RSI, i can play sat down though!

Away tomorrow until new year, don’t all ring me at once!
When you get back to find someone has pilfered the tenor but not stolen any other valuables...

It wasn't me 'guv

Not to hijack this thread, but the name of the tenor is interesting. In the U.S. the term "lemon" is given to something that doesn't work or is poorly made. An example would be, "The car I bought turned out to be a real "lemon". This is possibly why the French model named "Citron" didn't do very well in our market. :)

Not to hijack this thread, but the name of the tenor is interesting. In the U.S. the term "lemon" is given to something that doesn't work or is poorly made. An example would be, "The car I bought turned out to be a real "lemon". This is possibly why the French model named "Citron" didn't do very well in our market. :)

Same in the UK. I'm sure @aldevis is painfully aware of it.

Does 'Con(n) Artist' mean the same in the States as it does in the UK? ;)

Same in the UK. I'm sure @aldevis is painfully aware of it.
When Mr. Sequoia (almost impossible to spell) started making them, he thought he was making intermediate horns for the local market, where lemons have no connotations rather than being good on several dishes and used in limoncello.
He had no idea the horns were so good.

I call my soprano "limoncello"

The French car firm is Citroën, not citron., it's pronounced differently but probably not in America!

Does 'Con(n) Artist' mean the same in the States as it does in the UK? ;)
It does, but we have a new meaning for it as well. It also means "president" these days. (Sorry for delving into the political arena. I return you to your regularly scheduled thread.)