Tutorials

For Sale Sequioia Lemon and Soprano Planet mouthpieces

Hipparion

I see you can always count on fellow members of the Cafe to evilishly exacerbate your worst tendencies... especially when it comes to acquiring saxophone related gear.
Bring it back home! ;)
Nice one ! And that's kind of the absurdity of the situation, right ? It doesn't make much sense to have this sax travel back to its point of origin...

To the OP: how would you describe the difference between the two mouthpieces (I have a missing link myself, though in a much smaller opening) ?

OP
J

Jim50hertz

I see you can always count on fellow members of the Cafe to evilishly exacerbate your worst tendencies... especially when it comes to acquiring saxophone related gear.

Nice one ! And that's kind of the absurdity of the situation, right ? It doesn't make much sense to have this sax travel back to its point of origin...

To the OP: how would you describe the difference between the two mouthpieces (I have a missing link myself, though in a much smaller opening) ?
Differences in the mouthpieces? Both are similar openings, I'd say the Open Sky worked better for me and sounded more open, felt more free blowing (though the Missing Link is still very free blowing, more so than any Otto Link I've tried, albeit on tenor). For me the OS is the piece on this horn, with the reeds I used, and the straight neck. Very balanced throughout the range but still very rich, big up top, not pinched or forced. I got the ML first and loved it, gain, it blows well on this horn but perhaps is a little woodier, I hope that makes sense!

OP
J

Jim50hertz

Differences in the mouthpieces? Both are similar openings, I'd say the Open Sky worked better for me and sounded more open, felt more free blowing (though the Missing Link is still very free blowing, more so than any Otto Link I've tried, albeit on tenor). For me the OS is the piece on this horn, with the reeds I used, and the straight neck. Very balanced throughout the range but still very rich, big up top, not pinched or forced. I got the ML first and loved it, gain, it blows well on this horn but perhaps is a little woodier, I hope that makes sense!
Sorry, I should add that the wider opening is a joy to play on, I play an 8* on tenor and wanted a wider opening on the soprano, Joe rightly convinced me that tip opening isn't everything and that a wider tip on sop does not necessarily invite any issues if properly done, and he is right. These don't feel like wide openings, intonation is effortless and they are very responsive.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom