aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Café Supporter
Locality
London
Finally a waltz!
Courtesy of our Chris, a lovely 3/4.
No need to wear a frock or a white frothy dress.
It is also more delicate then last mont's challenge, allowing to alternate modal bits and cadences.

The long minor chords, exhibits a lovely 11th (or 4th) that is probably the main flavour of Chris's tune.

Backing Track and sheets https://app.box.com/s/y1yefwh603txbpxrnf8r

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll start off by posting some complete garbage. I tried to record several tunes this morning and scrapped them all. I wound up doing this piece of mindless noodling just for some kind of practice. Sorry.

Edit: I put this track out of it's misery as a public service.

Last edited:
I'll start off by posting some complete garbage. I tried to record several tunes this morning and scrapped them all. I wound up doing this piece of mindless noodling just for some kind of practice. Sorry.

(ADMIN EDIT: Dead media link removed)
Very good tone. Are you sure you could hear the backing track properly?

Also try using the original melody as a starting point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice backing track this month Aldevis - I've been coming in late for a few months so keep missing it. finally got a chance to record an IOTM.

https://soundcloud.com/eunza/eternaltone

Thanks
Eunza

This tune makes everyone more sensitive and sweet. Chris did the whole thing though...
Just try to get free from those frequent "scoops": you might end up hating them.

Jeanette, I used the couple for 'Secret Love' that I posted a couple of days ago.
Aldevis, I'll see if I can get something a little different going next time round, thanks for the comment.
Eunza, welcome to the IOTM thread, ice first attempt. Looking forward to more later in the month.

Great, happy tune, thanks Chris for writing it

I had a go last night but need to put sax and backing together before I post

Ivan, glad you like it. Looking forward to hearing your version..:thumb:

Great, happy tune, thanks Chris for writing it

I agree, I've had a little dabble with it but nowhere near ready to post yet :)

Sue, if the melody is giving you any problems then don't play all the notes. Miss some out and extend some across bar lines and just try and create something using the written melody as a guide, rather than something that is set in stone.

Sue, if the melody is giving you any problems then don't play all the notes. Miss some out and extend some across bar lines and just try and create something using the written melody as a guide, rather than something that is set in stone.
Good advice

It's a simpler version of the Eric Morecombe technique that I find so helpful

lol no Chris its not the melody, its everything else, as usual.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom