September BOTM - In A Sentimental Mood

Great pick @Saxlicker !!!
But you guys kill me.... :D
I still didn't manage to get a version of Emily, a tune that I like a lot, and you come with another great tune...

And congrats to all of you who posted a version already... besides the speed in put a version you all did a great job.

Cheers,
Marcello

Good morning!

Although it is "just" an electronic wind instrument, it brings back all the memory from the days I was at the conservatory in a second...
RIP Michael, and thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited:
Well done Al, play more Bari and get that air support concentrated...

I have a version too now.
I have computer issues at the moment and can't record in my usual surroundings so it its done on my prehistoric lap top because had a backing track on it. Done with an SD mic on the bell.
Scary... but its much better than my playing a month ago anyway.
Click here>>>> Saxlicker

Not enough kick for my liking but one step at a time!

Last edited:
I seem to be haunted by this tune. I needed to find a new way of expressing it. Clicked the cool button and this came out. I seem to have moved away from swing lately.

View: https://soundcloud.com/colin-the-bear/in-a-sentimental-mood

Great to have something different. It made me think of Dr John's album of Ellington tunes done "differently" - like this:

The whole album "Duke Elegant" is great, but he doesn't do "In a Sentimental Mood".

Rhys

I seem to be haunted by this tune. I needed to find a new way of expressing it. Clicked the cool button and this came out. I seem to have moved away from swing lately.

View: https://soundcloud.com/colin-the-bear/in-a-sentimental-mood
As usual I thoroughly enjoyed hearing you play, however your playing seemed to be overpowered by the backing, I have tried it on two computers and wonder if it is something on Soundcloud, Perhaps you will listen and see what you think.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom