PPT mouthpieces

Send in the clowns

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
I have just tried to get to a website of a certain very well known US company from which I've bought music stuff in the past. On trying to navigate to their home page I get a splash message telling me that I can't go to their web site due to GDPR. Just what part of GDPR states that people in the UK mustn't access US websites escapes me. And what part of GDPR makes it unfeasibly risky for any properly run company to sell to a customers in a country which is in the EU?

I can only assume that they just take the view that they don't want to consider 'them thar foreign laws' and would rather take the isolationist position popular in the past. That worked out well for the US musical instrument industry, didn't it?

The splash page says that they will look forward to serving me again soon. I don't think so.

I had a message like that yesterday from Woodwind & Brasswind. Shame really.

Rhys

Wow .... I’ve never seen that before and had to see for myself,

I ran into the same from wwbw the other day and thought it was odd. I guess they are scared of any litigation. Safety Net!

In France we have Woodbrass.com but it's an entirely different company from what I can tell... Just happen to be in the same business of selling musical instruments! :confused:

No problems accessing the wwbw.com website here in Kiwiland :thumb:

Doesn't "The Don" visit the UK this week? Get Sweaty Betty Windsor to put in a good word for you...:rofl:

Greg S.

No problems accessing the wwbw.com website here in Kiwiland :thumb:

Doesn't "The Don" visit the UK this week? Get Sweaty Betty Windsor to put in a good word for you...:rofl:

Greg S.
Lese-majeste, you should transported to the colonies for that if you weren't already there.

On a related note, I am finding content from the Eu blocked from the Uk on YouTube which is really annoying.

Try listening to UK radio (online), while watching Croatian TV... too hard

Watched match with Croatian commentary, which made enough sense anyway

Try listening to UK radio (online), while watching Croatian TV... too hard

Watched match with Croatian commentary, which made enough sense anyway
I don't know why sports commentators are needed anyway, if you were there watching it you wouldn't want the man standing next to you continuously 'explaining' what you could see along with random facts and irrelevancies.

I don't know why sports commentators are needed anyway, if you were there watching it you wouldn't want the man standing next to you continuously 'explaining' what you could see along with random facts and irrelevancies.
Well what about if you are listening on a radio? :D

Well what about if you are listening on a radio? :D
As you've mentioned radios I want to know why programmes on the radio don't have subtitles for the deaf or partially deaf as reading words makes them clearer to hear.

As you've mentioned radios I want to know why programmes on the radio don't have subtitles for the deaf or partially deaf as reading words makes them clearer to hear.
Well maybe one day, the technology will enable words to be formed in a holographic way whilst they are being spoken from an electronic device and rise like spirals of smoke, changing colour depending on subject and emotive content.

They do. Your radio not got a screen?
I only recently bought a little digital radio with about a 2" screen, do they have full subtitles for everything being said? I'll have to look at the instruction book again but I didn't see anything about getting them.
Another thing why is digital radio transmitted about 3 seconds behind analogue?

I only recently bought a little digital radio with about a 2" screen, do they have full subtitles for everything being said? I'll have to look at the instruction book again but I didn't see anything about getting them.
Another thing why is digital radio transmitted about 3 seconds behind analogue?
Oh you've got a modern radio... I thought your original post was either a joke or a genuine question... and that perhaps you still had a 1960s trannie or '40s radiogram. You should be more specific! :p

Last edited:
Oh you've got a modern radio... I thought your original post was either a joke or a genuine question... and that perhaps you still had a 1960s trannie or '40s radiogram. You should be more specific!
I usually listen to the radio using the television and it doesn't have subtitles on there.
For once it was a genuine question, I didn't know that if a radio does have subtitles.

Last edited:
I usually listen to the radio using the television and it doesn't have subtitles on there.
For once it was a genuine question, I didn't know that radio does have subtitles.
Oh I see....... Yes, i'd forgotten about using the television to play radio stations. Sorry Targa! :doh: