All profit supporting   special needs music

SOLD Selmer Soloist C*@0,110" by Filippo Bucci tenor saxophone mouthpiece

tzadik

tzadik

Locality
Friulandia, Italy
Price of Item
€170
For sale Selmer Soloist C*@0,110” tenor saxophone mouthpiece, from the 70’s!
The mouthpiece born as a C*. It has been opened up at #8 (=0,110") by the Master Refecer Filippo Bucci, in Rome (Italy).
Signed: “fil 110”

Untitled-Soloist-1.jpg

Untitled-Soloist-2.jpg

Untitled-Soloist-3.jpg

Selmer Soloist mouthpieces have always been versatile mouthpieces.
They were standard pieces for classical sounds before the Selmer S80/S90/Vandoren V5/Optimum appeared.
But they have been used for jazz sound sounds as well: Joe Henderson, Eddie Harris, Javon Jackson… on tenor saxophone!

To make them suitable for jazz, the tip opening were increased and a baffle create accordingly… to get more volume/projection and of course some more brightness.
… likewise in the case!

This Soloist I’m selling was commissioned to Bucci to match the specs of Max’s Soloist.
Max’s is a Soloist Long Shank from the 60’s. This one for sale is a Soloist from the 70’s but once reworked…
In Italy, Selmer Soloist tenor pieces became popular again because of Max Ionata.

Some years ago, Ionata played a Selmer Long Shank @0,110” for a while… and people instantly realized that they didn’t need a vintage Link to produce a classy full jazz sound, on tenor.

All Max’s mouthpieces are tweaked by the Master Refacer Filippo Bucci, based in Rome (Italy).

Pictures: Facebook (click or tap here for the photoalbum)

Price: EUR 170 including international registered tracked shipping and PayPal fees.

I can accept payment via bank transfer, PayPal fees will be discounted.

I'll be happy 5% to forum charity fund if I sell the mouthpiece through the forum.

Jeanette

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Sold elsewhere