support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD Selmer series 2 super action 80 alto sax.

thesaxman71

Account Closed
After a few weeks, months of crazy GAS spending i can not justify 5 alto saxes, so i am selling a few mouthpieces and saxophones off to trim down my ridiculous greedy collenction...
Up first is a great Selmer super action 80 series 2 alto saxophone from serial number that dates it to 1989.
It is in great shape and even better considering the age, 1 mini ding on the left hand B flat rocker but nothing major and zero effect on the overall amazing shape of this little beauty. The lacquer is what i consider 99.9% apart from 1 or 2 micro spots with age.
this is a great alto. All in the original brown Selmer case with golden colour furry lining and original keys to lock it up. For a near 25 year old sax it looks like it is less than a couple of years old.
price includes Tracked shipping and a 5% donation to the forum if sold here!

price - £2,250 or make me an offer!

my deal also stands to regular

sorry clicked too quickly...
meant to add at the end, my deal still stands to regular forum members who i will let pay me in instalments.

Hi Ian,

How does the SA80II compare to your 'purple logo' 62 series alto?

Regards,

Greg S.

hi Greg,
it is a very hard to separate them for overall, ergonomically it is a very close call, the series ii has a thicker darker sound but still not as bright as my purple 62 but still punchy if you push it, i just prefer a bright 62 overall for sound, all personal taste.
I might yet even just keep it as i am not suffering financially by having it i just think it is too good of a sax to have just on 1 of my stands more as an ornament and it should be played, hence selling it.
Ian

My 2 cents (pence), if I dare: the SA-II is one of the best altos out there. One of the most versatile too. Bright if you push, but suave and Desmondish if you want. No surprise that Selmer has been producing it almost unchanged for almost 30 years now.

My 2 cents (pence), if I dare: the SA-II is one of the best altos out there. One of the most versatile too. Bright if you push, but suave and Desmondish if you want. No surprise that Selmer has been producing it almost unchanged for almost 30 years now.
no problem at all, i know you are correct as this alto is fantastic.

this great alto is needing a home so throw me an offer and my deal stands that regular members can pay me in instalments.

Back
Top Bottom