All profit supporting   special needs music

FOUND selmer mk VI alto neck - silverplate

peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
Price of Item
£300
hello my dears, does anyone have such a thing as a selmer mark VI alto neck with no selmer mk VI alto attached? i ask because i have a selmer (etc) which came with an sba or similar neck - sounds lovely but other potential buyers might object should i come to sell it. it should be silverplate. i will pay for it in money.... about £300, i reckon.

best

peter

rhysonsax

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
Hi Peter,

I tried to send you a message but it says you have reached your quota limit.

Rhys

peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
thanks rhys, it should be possible now, i found out how to delete them.

jbtsax

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
Good luck with finding one. When I bought "my Mark VI dumpster sax" it didn't come with a neck. I eventually found one for $400 that someone had engraved their name on the side. It was in pretty rough shape. o_O

Mark VI Restoration 1 021
Mark VI Restoration 1 021

peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
oh ho! yes, that's nasty. but better than no neck at all....

jbtsax

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
oh ho! yes, that's nasty. but better than no neck at all....

I agree. The picture below shows how it turned out after a great deal of work. Anything is possible. It just takes time and effort.

Finished Sax assembled 003

peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
yes, that's lovely, you'd never know....

Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
It won't cost much to have a neck silver plated, I'd ask for any neck.

Also, as an SBA neck is quite sought after you possible do a trade.

Best of luck though, as I don't think there are that many MKVI necks hanging around.

peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
thanks pete, i hadn't thought of getting one plated. i have seen SBA tenor necks for sale at huge prices, but not alto necks. i cannot definitely vouch for it being an SBA neck, it's the same as the one on my 'new wide bore', which is considerably older. mind you, it's the same neck.

kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
I agree. The picture below shows how it turned out after a great deal of work. Anything is possible. It just takes time and effort.

View attachment 11076
Nice, but that's the good side. Did the bad side come up as well, or are you hiding something?

peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
well, I will take any coloured neck (even blue) and give more money. has anyone noticed how absurdly expensive selmer mk VIs are?
I expect you have. I have an offer for my sax as is at £3000.

peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
thanks andy, i'll have a look, that's very kind of you.

AndyWhiteford

AndyWhiteford

Locality
Glasgow
p.s. I see Thomann www.thomann.de have a Selmer Series III silver plated alto neck for £318 - that's pretty close to Mk6, ( ref54 may be closer)

peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
between you and me I bought it a solid silver neck that was used on a ref 54 - it's a bit loose but I have wrapped it with ptfe plumber's tape and it sounds gorgeous. i'd still like a mk VI neck for it though, because people are fussy about these things. so I don't think i'll buy anything else now other than a mk VI original. damn thing played fine anyway with the sba neck on it.

S

stitch

Locality
Nottingham, UK
I think I may have what you're looking for ...
As a new member I'm unable to start a private conversation, but perhaps you can with me?

S

stitch

Locality
Nottingham, UK
I got it a few years ago in a mixed load of woodwind gubbins. I think I identified it as MkVI from saxpics and the like, but apart from that I can't say for sure. Perhaps those more knowledgeable could be definitive.

peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
that looks like the very thing. I will pay you money for it. how much do you think you want?

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom