support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Scam Selmer Mark VI Tenor Serial No: 86806 Payed but not recieved (via anibis.ch)

AlphornJoe

Hi Selmer Fans,

I tell you my sad story looking forward to prevent others from the same criminal method....
Searchning since a long time for an payable 86xxx serial no, I found that instrument on internet platform anibis.ch which is totally free like the free version of ebay.
The seller was friendly and sended me some fotos of the instrument and also hic ID-Card as a copy.
The price was very attractive to me 2900Euro incl. shipping and shipping insurance with a transport company which had an own website. (www.roma-express-transportation@europe.com)
Finding some serious information about the seller in the internet, I sensed the money to an bank account of the transport company. Some days later I received a confirmation, the money has arrived at the transport company and the instrument is on the road. Some days later I got the information the transport had an accident and the instrument is on the list of damaged things. I should get my refund, when the transport insurance have payed! Now I am waiting for any information since some weeks and now the website diminished from the web, also the emails are returning because the email address doesn't exist any more. The seller Marco B. also doesn't answer to my requests.
I think this is a very professional criminal work of someone who knows something about the value of these instruments and used it as a bait. Be careful.

Sad. We often see scam ads for MkVIs flagged here. Hopefully you get lucky, but probably not. Hope you've informed the police.

Oh dear...

The fact the so-called courier website no longer exists (and the domain is now up for sale) rings alarm bells and is a dead giveaway for a scam. Here's what I think happened:-
  1. The seller's name isn't really "Marco B" - that's just an alias.
  2. What you thought was the seller's ID card was probably stolen.
  3. The saxophone photos were lifted off some random website.
  4. The courier never existed - the website was created by "Marco B".
  5. The imaginary sax wasn't damaged in transit. (see points 3 & 4)
I really hate to say it, but there's zero chance of you ever seeing your money ever again. :( Sorry to be so blunt.

Obviously, you should contact the police ASAP - though I doubt whether they can do much to help, other than trying to track down the innocent guy (see point #2) who had his ID card stolen or trying to trace the fake courier website which "Marco B" (or his pal) probably paid for in BitCoins or via some other untraceable method. Either way I can't see you getting your money back now because the scammer is long gone.

Last edited:
The price was very attractive to me 2900Euro incl. shipping and shipping insurance with a transport company which had an own website. (www.roma-express-transportation@europe.com )

The URL itself is a warning, I've never seen a website with @ sign in the URL.

When you say he sent his ID card as a copy, do you mean it was a scan or photo of the ID card? If so that is incredibly easy to fake

The URL itself is a warning, I've never seen a website with @ sign in the URL.

When you say he sent his ID card as a copy, do you mean it was a scan or photo of the ID card? If so that is incredibly easy to fake

Yep, the URL looks peculiar to me - it's not in the format which a legit courier company would use.

The ID card scan could indeed have been faked - or alternatively it might have been a genuine one which had been stolen by some pick-pocket.

Regardless of the technical details, what a thoroughly rotten thing to do to someone... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom