support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Selmer 10 S Bb clariner

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
Selmer 10 S clarinet in very good state. As far as I can tell everything seals and even I can play on this clarinet. I am not a clarinet player but everything looks ok to me . There are certainly no cracks or major leaks (or any leaks at all really).
This I understand , is a very desirable clarinet. I got it in a deal. I am seeking 900€ shipped (from the Netherlands) that includes paypal fees and 50 € for Pete's charity.

selmerklarinet.jpg

if it helps anyone I've had the horn being examined by a technician friend , he lowered the metal rings and and changed two pads and generally fixed all the small things here and there (nothing major) now he says (he is a monster clarinet player too) that the horn is in " racing" conditions :) . I hope this convinces those who might have been reluctant. My friend played this horn in a way that I could have never done myself and showed me what the potential of a Selmer clarinet is.

well, there was a member who declared his interest in my clarinet several months ago so I kept reserved to him........... but unfortunately he just let me know, after a very long wait, that despite his efforts he has been unable to gather the funds to buy my clarinet so, this is again on the market for the same price (despite the recession this is really rock bottom) , you might wan to take advantage of the relative low value of the euro these days though!

Is this the Selmer with an articulated G# - as played by BG?

if you explain me what that is I could look on the clarinet if that is the case, I am not knowledgeable when it comes to clarinets.

Is that not not see on the picture? Perhaps if you send me an email I can send you more pictures.

I couldn't view the pictures - but I'll pm you and maybe you can send.

The way to tell is to hold the clarinet as you would if you were playing it and look at the third finger (ring finger) of your left hand. Is that just a hole or is there a ring (i.e. part of the clarinet mechanism) there?

Or take the clarinet apart and look at the top i.e left hand part of the instrument and is there a hole in the cork where it for fits on to the right hand part of the clarinet.

the ring finger of the left hand has a ring , not just a hole........but there is no hole in the cork of the top part of the clarinet (tenon) going into the receiver of second part.......

Strange that you cannot view the picture (which I will send to your email address) because they are embedded in this thread.

well, the advantage is that I have made now many more pictures, should anybody be interested :)

From what I can see it is an ordinary 6 rings version without the articulated G#.
Nice horn, the Selmers have that woody low range.

sold outside of the forum , locally, in the Netherlands

Well done. It is a lovely horn.

Back
Top Bottom