PPT mouthpieces

See you in Amsterdam

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
I have a gig on Sunday/monday (3.00 a.m.) at the Amsterdam Dance Event. Probably my first serious gig this century since giving up live music in favour of composing work.

It's with DJ Planetary Assault Systems. If any of you are being there (which I doubt somehow) please don't hesitate to say hi! But it will be a very very loud event so I probably won't hear you.

(NB: I will see at least one member of the forum as I am borrowing milandro's tenor, but not at the gig)

Hope it goes well Pete. Bit far for me, especially as I have to work on Monday.

Hope it goes well, we won't be there as we will be boating in Sunray land in search of Pike.

Jx

can I recommend the Bazaar on albert cuypstraat for dinner.... you won't regret it

oh so jealous. I would love to be back in NL. I never wanted to leave....but that's another, much longer story
My son will be in The Hague from Saturday, but he's probably a bit young to send to Amsterdam on his own :shocked:
Enjoy yourslf, hope it all goes well.

To't ziens Pete! Enjoy yourself and mind your ears.
YC

Have a great one mate!

Oh, and just one question, how on earth can you "give up" playing live events? I mean, the thrill, the adrenalin, the buzzzzzz! Don't you miss it?

Doh, that's two questions! Oops!

Have a great one mate!

Oh, and just one question, how on earth can you "give up" playing live events? I mean, the thrill, the adrenalin, the buzzzzzz! Don't you miss it?

Doh, that's two questions! Oops!

Careful, I think he's angling for your possy in Dark Side of the Moon.... >:)

Missed by a month. I shall be there in November. I may well try Jules' suggestion though.

Thrill, adrenalin, buzz? Please remind me what these are. My memory's not what it used to be.

When I saw the thread title I assumed you were about to buy the new Rampone "Two Voices" Alto at a Trade Fair, as part of your Christmas present from your wife!

Hope the Gig goes well............!

Hope it goes well, we won't be there as we will be boating in Sunray land in search of Pike.

Jx
Let us know if you caught a monster [or two] Jeanette ...

Link This one is a just small Jack ... Snack ... :)))

Well, the gig went very well, no chance for soundcheck or rehearsal, I just got a signal when to start playing and when to stop. Some of which I obeyed.

An especially big thank you is due to milandro for lending me his tenor and taxi services.

I didn't get much time to see Amsterdam but, er, been there and done it anyway back in the 70s. back then I was playing either at the Concertgebouwe or the Melkweg.

This time it was a Techno gig.

Let us know if you caught a monster [or two] Jeanette ...

Link This one is a just small Jack ... Snack ... :)))

Unfortunately no pike just a few small roach. Did see plenty of wildlife including an otter and I think possibly a muntjac.:D

Jx

I should have read this last week :(

Any chances of returning there soon? Good to hear your gig went well!

can I recommend the Bazaar on albert cuypstraat for dinner.... you won't regret it

And we didn't regret it a bit. Thanks, Jules, for that recommendation!

Thanks too to Milandro for showing us round! Great tour guide.

And we didn't regret it a bit. Thanks, Jules, for that recommendation!

Thanks too to Milandro for showing us round! Great tour guide.
You lucky fellow.. I love that part of town, the Bazaar's great, isn't it- very quirky & some top food!

It was a real pleasure for me to be able to spend a few hours together with Nick and his lovely wife.
We were blessed with some good weather (there was a lot of fog in the next days) and had a chance to walk around the centre and see the main canals. We then went to sample the nice beer at Café Luxembourg http://www.luxembourg.nl/en/index2.php
cafelux1.jpg
cafelux2.jpg

alwaysl iked the Cafe Dante- pretty much nexct door to the Luxembourg.. lovely and cosy when it's cold outside. Argh- I want to be in Amsterdam!!