support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

See you in Amsterdam

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
I have a gig on Sunday/monday (3.00 a.m.) at the Amsterdam Dance Event. Probably my first serious gig this century since giving up live music in favour of composing work.

It's with DJ Planetary Assault Systems. If any of you are being there (which I doubt somehow) please don't hesitate to say hi! But it will be a very very loud event so I probably won't hear you.

(NB: I will see at least one member of the forum as I am borrowing milandro's tenor, but not at the gig)

oh so jealous. I would love to be back in NL. I never wanted to leave....but that's another, much longer story
My son will be in The Hague from Saturday, but he's probably a bit young to send to Amsterdam on his own :shocked:
Enjoy yourslf, hope it all goes well.

Have a great one mate!

Oh, and just one question, how on earth can you "give up" playing live events? I mean, the thrill, the adrenalin, the buzzzzzz! Don't you miss it?

Doh, that's two questions! Oops!

Missed by a month. I shall be there in November. I may well try Jules' suggestion though.

Oh, and just one question, how on earth can you "give up" playing live events? I mean, the thrill, the adrenalin, the buzzzzzz! Don't you miss it?

Thrill, adrenalin, buzz? Please remind me what these are. My memory's not what it used to be.

Well, the gig went very well, no chance for soundcheck or rehearsal, I just got a signal when to start playing and when to stop. Some of which I obeyed.

An especially big thank you is due to milandro for lending me his tenor and taxi services.

I didn't get much time to see Amsterdam but, er, been there and done it anyway back in the 70s. back then I was playing either at the Concertgebouwe or the Melkweg.

This time it was a Techno gig.

It was a real pleasure for me to be able to spend a few hours together with Nick and his lovely wife.
We were blessed with some good weather (there was a lot of fog in the next days) and had a chance to walk around the centre and see the main canals. We then went to sample the nice beer at Café Luxembourg http://www.luxembourg.nl/en/index2.php
cafelux1.jpg
cafelux2.jpg