All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

second open mic session

allansto

Well I did It again
I went to my second open mic session today

I played Sade "smooth operator"& "under the boardwalk."

I Stuffed up at about the halfway mark on each of them, but I just kept on playing and got back on track.
I was give a reasonable applause on each so Im happy with that.
I had great fun and was invited to be involved with some other musicians .....Guitarists who want some sax in the their act..Awesome.

roll on next month ........I cant wait.Cheers.:thumb:
:)Regards
Allansto

Kath

Fair play - open mic night - I'd love to have the skill/confidence to do that - well done you

Profusia

Well done you - bravo!! I hope I find the nerve to have a go at that in a few months when I'm a bit more competent. Not sure where to find such a session though.

Profusia

Well done you - bravo!! I hope I find the nerve to have a go at that in a few months when I'm a bit more competent. Not sure where to find such a session though.
Yikes, Google is a dangerous thing - there's loads of them in Brum!

Quoting myself now, scary!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Little steps, as they say.. Well done, personaly, I feel that you get an even better feeling when people invite you to join them. It's like you now fit in and belong.
Enjoy you new found path.

allansto

Hey good for you, I couldn't do an open mic.......:welldone

Jx
you dont have to do it on your own...... if you know someone who plays another instrument you can duo or trio or more.
Or hide behind a crowd if you have lots of freinds.
Have you ever been to one to watch ?????
Allansto

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
Good for you - glad you had fun. You'll soon be leading them - just unplug the guitars and push them out of the way - lol

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
you dont have to do it on your own...... if you know someone who plays another instrument you can duo or trio or more.
Or hide behind a crowd if you have lots of freinds.
Have you ever been to one to watch ?????
Allansto
No not been to one, at the moment I'm happy sat lost in the orchestra I joined but actually I should get out there and have a look for one, if only to watch.:)

Jx

Colin the Bear

Some trad jazz bands have guest spots and will let you sit in for a number or two. Check your local radio, press or library for details.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom