All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Saxophones Saxophone Today Magazine

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
It appears to be the Saxophone Journal with a different name but the same 40 year old style.

Bari251

Locality
Norwich
A bit like my saxophone style - at least 40 years old - my only similarity to Desmond and Mulligan is that I aim to be the quietest sax player in the band.

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
Nick's right - it is the same people associated with Saxophone Journal - Andrew Clark, Skip Spratt, etc...

I was a bit p!ssed off when the magazine stopped publishing - I was a subscriber for about 20 years...I ended up joining The Clarinet and Saxophone Society of Great Britain for my yearly dose of "horny" literature...:w00t:

Greg S.

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
My first look at an online magazine and I like the way the pages expand and reposition for reading

Nice

Greg Strange

Locality
Hey Malcolm,

Thanks for the heads up with Saxophone Today magazine. Purchased a subscription, bought a couple of back issues...my Sax Life is complete once again...:thumb:

Greg S.

thomsax

Locality
Sweden
Saxophone today is good .... but I prefer a real paper magazine. I do my own magazine; ROCKSAX. 100% Rock & Roll Saxophone and 100 % non-profit. In fact I put in some money all the time.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Locality
manchester
Saxophone today is good .... but I prefer a real paper magazine. I do my own magazine; ROCKSAX. 100% Rock & Roll Saxophone and 100 % non-profit. In fact I put in some money all the time.

So how do we subscribe to your mag or is it not available in English .......John

thomsax

Locality
Sweden
I write in Swedish. I began to write about saxphone, -records, -players when I ran a firm that imported saxes and records. Today I do all work myself except from design/layout and translations, that my son and my brother helps me with. It use to be four double printed A3 pages but sometimes I can just make three pages. I think the interest for Rocksax is decreasing. It's the same players that sign up for the Rocksax workshops. The "young" players are now around 40 years old. Where are the teenagers?

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Where are the teenagers.................................on their iPhones!

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Locality
manchester
Just had a thought ,"OOOH THAT HURT" if you made it available on tinternet wouldn't it be able to auto translate,NOT SURE HOW THIS STUFF WORKS .....John

Greg Strange

Locality

I prefer the paper copy as well - with Saxophone Today I just save it to a couple of different places and then print it off - I see your mate Andrew Clark is writing his rock 'n' roll column as well - good stuff...:thumb:

Greg S.

thomsax

Locality
Sweden
I prefer the paper copy as well - with Saxophone Today I just save it to a couple of different places and then print it off - I see your mate Andrew Clark is writing his rock 'n' roll column as well - good stuff...:thumb:

Greg S.

Yes, Andrew Clark continued his column. It's a good magazine.

John Laughter

Locality
Macon,GA
"I think the interest for Rocksax is decreasing"

Interesting statement and I believe you are correct. Sad. But when the people hear some roof raising rock & roll sax they really do like it!

I do not hear it much from the younger players and the local bands can't find young brass players to fill the ranks of the cover bands.

Well at least it still keeps some us rockers real busy with the gigs :)

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom