support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Saxophone stand

I bought a Stagg stand for my bari. What a waste of money! First of all it was very unstable and then after about two months it broke where the clamp screw that holds the legs in position is. Don't buy it! Invest in a decent stand, after all, you invested in decent sax, why risk it on a cheep stand?

Agree with the above.. I have a Stagg sax stand (just a low level one) and it is dire... wouldn't trust it to hold up a reeed let alone an expensive sax... I also have a hercules stand which is a veritable 'Tonka' of a stand n comparison!

yes, these are cheap stands made mostly in Viet-Nam they are useful to display saxophones in shop's windows. I don't think that they are more unstable than a similarly made cheap stand but they certainly look less stable. Although a fall from any height would certainly damage you horn, probably the damage would be less pronounced if falling from a low stand.

My König & Meyer 'Jazz' gets my vote for quality, strength, looks and compactness!
image_1012564_1.jpg
(This is for alto of course)

Hercules and K+M both make great stands. Make sure you buy a good stand ... I have seen a tenor sax dropping from a flimsy stand before :shocked:

I purchased a Belmonte alto/tenor stand and it seems to be of acceptable quality. It was the brand that our premier music store in Kansas sells (for whatever that's worth...) and looks fairly robust. Has anybody had any experience with this brand?

It is the kind of generic musical instrument stand made in China or Vietnam sold under many names (therese days almost all " brands" are!), they are not bad by any means but then again a K&M or Hercules are probably as expensive or thereabouts and in many ways better (K&M is mre robust and Hercules fold almost flat). Then you have the stands like Saxrax , different quality and prices, very robust indeed, but the price is much higher
http://www.sax.co.uk/acatalog/SAXRAX_sax_stands_.html
http://www.sax.co.uk/acatalog/Hercules_Saxophone_Stands.html
http://www.sax.co.uk/acatalog/K___M_Sax_Stands.html

I have a Hercules Alto stand and a Hercules Alto and Bari combined stand (I had the Alto only stand first, but when I got my Bari, I decided to get one stand to take both saxes)
I now also have a Hercules music stand - as quoted before it's a veritable Tonka of music stands.

If anyone is interested, the Bari / Alto stand will fit inside the Music stand bag, with the music stand. So the one bag will carry everything, on a shoulder strap leaving my hands free for the Alto and Bari cases!

This may be slightly off-topic, but has anyone found a workable sopranino stand? It's too loose and wobbly on the clarinet peg that came with my Stagg alto/tenor stand. Was wondering about a Hercules clarinet/flute peg (I already have a Hercules sop stand, but that has a round lump of foam at the end that won't fit inside the nino). Any ideas?

This may be slightly off-topic, but has anyone found a workable sopranino stand? It's too loose and wobbly on the clarinet peg that came with my Stagg alto/tenor stand. Was wondering about a Hercules clarinet/flute peg (I already have a Hercules sop stand, but that has a round lump of foam at the end that won't fit inside the nino). Any ideas?

This is a 'nino with a Hercules DS540B "Flute/Clarinet Stand". It's a little loose but seems to work fine.

SopStand1.jpg

SopStand2.jpg

Apart from when your charming snakes i think the best safe place for any sopranino is locked in its case and left there.

Back
Top Bottom