Tutorials

Saxophone service

Lloyd

Does anybody know of anyone in Watford, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead area that could service my Walstein Tenor? It has a bit of cork missing and could do with a general once-over. It's only 9 months old but I try and play it most days. I have PM'd Griff, who is just too far away. He has been very helpful and suggested somebody at John Myatt's in Hitchin. I will phone them tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone has experience of them or another local technician?

Mikey B

Hi,

I used Michael White to look after my saxes when I lived up in Watford, He runs a woodwind retail and repair shop in Queens Parade, Ealing and was always very helpful also easy to get to from Watford.

Hope this helps

Regards, Mike

Lupifaro

Does anybody know of anyone in Watford, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead area that could service my Walstein Tenor? It has a bit of cork missing and could do with a general once-over. It's only 9 months old but I try and play it most days. I have PM'd Griff, who is just too far away. He has been very helpful and suggested somebody at John Myatt's in Hitchin. I will phone them tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone has experience of them or another local technician?
Graham de Vere White is in Hitchin::welldone in fact he serviced a BW Tenor for me last week blows great:) try him on 01462 421402:mrcool
birdman

www.studiosaxophones.co.uk

OP
Lloyd

Lloyd

Thanks for your help. I've found a guy in Harpenden, which is only 20 minutes away by the name of David Hinton. I'll let you know how I get on.

OP
Lloyd

Lloyd

Got my tenor back this evening. Some of the regulation cork was missing and the others had gone hard. He replaced the corks, straightened the C guard and gave it a general tune up and screw tightening treatment. The key action is much quieter now and seems to play nicely. All for £25!

Top Bottom