support Tone without tears Beginners' impro Patterns & exercises

Saxophone - out on display or in the case?

I wish my wife would let me have it out on its stand.
Apart from the fact I love the look, I can't help feeling it would be better for the instrument to be in the open air.

My tenor is 'on display' in my office. I suggested to 'the boss' that you can get wall stands/brackets and that we could have it in the living room. Well. at least the swelling has now gone down. :shocked: :crying:

I'm not sure though whether it should be kept in the case - hence the question.

Where do you get the wall stands from

I like to keep mine out on display so that I actually play it daily

If it is hidden away in it's case it is sometimes a case of out of sight out of mind

At the moment I have a heavy duty hook in the wall that I hang the strap on but it is not ideal

A proper wall bracket would be better

mamos

Where do you get the wall stands from

I like to keep mine out on display so that I actually play it daily

If it is hidden away in it's case it is sometimes a case of out of sight out of mind

At the moment I have a heavy duty hook in the wall that I hang the strap on but it is not ideal

A proper wall bracket would be better

mamos

Check this out. Sax.co.uk have them as well as others. Apparently you can wall mount them.

184119.jpg

Yeah, I remember that thread now

Had the sax upside down

I still think it would be vulnerable to damage as it is in a general room not a dedicated music room

I would like one that holds the horn upright and parallel to the wall. That way it will be tucked in and out of harms way

Thanks anyway

I got the above picture from the saxrax website but I can't find who stocks them.

The saxrax site is really bad

mamos

I'd be tempted to make one myself, but live in a rented place. It would be great to mount a padded box on the wall and have a practise mute as well.

I have a stand which goes on the floor, and I made a cover for the sax out of half a shower curtain (unused of course!) and duct tape. Keeps the sax dust-free at night and takes only a second to whip on/off.

I have spoken to sax.co.uk who have spoken to saxrax who said they don't have any and wont have any for ages.

I have a floor stand however I also have 3 dogs with very waggy tails

I do like the shower curtain/duct tape combo though

I think I am going to have to invent a wall mount

mamos

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have invented one:w00t:

It uses the top part of a normal three legged sax stand but you can still use that bit as normal if you go to a gig

Let me know what you think

mamos

Attachments

• DSCF3012.jpg
    DSCF3012.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCF3013.jpg
    DSCF3013.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG00068-20090514-0831.jpg
    IMG00068-20090514-0831.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 320
my instruments stay out on their stands in a 'music corner' of my room. I didn't have them out on the stands when I lived at home and my little brother was around. Stands + Children = Nightmare (that's algebra I can understand).

I do pack away occasionally, especially the flute which shows up dust like mad. I hate keeping flutes clean.

I used to hang guitars etc. on the wall using two large U shaped hooks on the bottom and a smaller one higher up to hold the neck in place.

Last edited by a moderator: