support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophone manufacture

Mamos

I remember seeing a program on the telly when I was a kid showing how they made sax's

It was amazing how they hand formed the bell with a hammer

Does anyone know of any footage of sax's being made

mamos

I can't wait to go into work tomorrow and watch these on broadband

I only have dial up at home so there is not a hope in hell I'm going to be able to watch these tonight

Thanks for posting

this really is a great site

mamos

There is a guy in Copenhagen, near Hotel Angeleterre at Kongens Nytorv, who is building saxes. His name is Peter Jessen and he makes tenor sax, mezzo-sopran in G, mpc's and necks. Look at his website and you can get a hint how his saxes are built. The keys aren't made by Jessen. The website is in Danish, but click on pics.

Peter Jessen: http://www.gottfried.dk/peter/

Thomas

Stunning stuff

It makes you wonder how they manage to make them for the money

mamos

Yup, I think the same thing everytime I see that Vid, it's no longer a surprise to me that they *can* be so expensive and makes me even more surprised when they're not (Walstein).

But what surprises me even more is that Sax tech's seem to charge less than a car mechanic, which seems wrong somehow?

T.

have a stroll around "u tube" where you will see the making of a saxophone /bell/stack/crook and other instruments that you might find of interest all very corporate but very informative !
good luck

sorry senior moment

if you go on to u tube and type in "yamaha japan sax factory tour" very informative and theres also "how its made" from reeds to saxes and more
hope this helps
cheers

I remember seeing a program on the telly when I was a kid showing how they made sax's

It was amazing how they hand formed the bell with a hammer

Does anyone know of any footage of sax's being made

It was either Sesame St or Playschool - can't remember which. The clip can be seen on Youtube, but I can't remember what I typed in to find it.