support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Saxophone Insurance

Little My

Practice makes better.
I've had my Keilwerth tenor on the standard house insurance for a few years, but it's not covered outside the house. This wasn't an issue as I never played outside home, but now I do. It won't cost much to add it on for "all risks" but it turns out that "all risks" only covers single items to £2000 if they're taken from an unattended vehicle.

What do people on the Caff do for insurance? Take a separate instrument policy or just never leave the horn in the car? Or use a less valuable instrument for playing away from home? Apparently anything worth £1500 or less is rather easier for my insurer to accommodate.

Thank you for your thoughts.

All my gigging saxes are covered by an instrument policy. Since they're the expensive ones it ain't cheap. I find the idea of owning a decent sax and gigging with a cheap one a bit bizarre.

I use New Moon Insurance - excellent, friendly service. I'm not sure how competitive their prices are, but the cover seemed excellent value for money, especially when it included any loss (even from unlocked vehicle) or damage, and covered the kids taking instruments to/from school.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm typing this from my parents home in my Cornwall, with my newly insured sax in the next room :) I went for New Moon in the end, as I've had Hiscox policies before.