All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Saxophone Infidel Falls in Love

Sweet Dreamer

I've been having a love affair with my trumpet since before Christmas.

I can't stop kissing her cup.

I'm so obsessed that I have a new trumpet on it's way to me.

I'm making considerable progress on the trumpet. :welldone

That's not saying much since not too far back I couldn't play it at all. :)))

Going from zero to anything is huge progress. ;}

But I have a brand new tenor sax sitting here next to an older alto sax.

They are both staring at me like they need a hug. :mrcool

I feel so guilty. >:)

Like a polyphonic polygamist or something. :w00t:

So I'm dating my saxes this morning and leaving my trumpet hang on the wall. :thumb:
But I almost feel like I'm doing this out of an obligation to the saxes. :sax: :sax:

Is that sax discrimination or what? :shocked:

Filton

It is, as always, a quandry . . I sit surrounded by guitars and violins but hace made a commitment now to concentrate on Sax and nothing else - Sax is where I really want to be so that is where I am commiting... I am sure that I will feel pangs of guilt for neglecting the rest of the instruments here but I need to make best use of the limited amount of practise time I have available . .

Work with what you really want to play :)

trimmy

One day i will...
This is blasphemy :shocked: :shocked: you should leave this site immediately, your post is hurting us worshippers of the hallowed horn :crying:

How can you leave 2 beautiful horns to be so badly neglected :mad:

Your only saving grace is the trumpet has a lovely sound >:)

Sweet Dreamer

You're so right Trimmy, I'm a horny blasphemer and it's disgusting.

These saxes truly are beautiful horns, (albeit quite inexpensive models), none the less, they work just fine. ;}

I'm hoping that my trumpet crush will just be a passing fad of a somewhat "new" relationship. Not that I'll quit it altogether, but that maybe I can divide the time up more evenly with the saxes.

I working on a piece of music that I originally started writing for the trumpet in Ebm which turned out to be D#m for reasons I won't go into. Now that music has become a trumpet-sax duellette. I have the alto sax in there playing in A# minor. Talk about awkward fingering!

But at least the sax is getting a work-out too. ;}

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Its only the (in my opinion) incredibly perverse key system of my bass clarinet that stops it making in-roads into my love of my tenor (plus its a bit rubbish for playing noisy R&B), though- sound wise- 'tis a lovely beast indeed... Hm, then there's my saw......

Clivey

4 Saxes, 4 Guitars, Acoustic bass,Fiddle ,Flute, Clarinet, 4 whistles,keys, Virtual VST/ analoue synths,Misc Percussion.

I only seem to ever play Sax at work so I keep 3 of them there just for that purpose, and play in between customers.
It`s the best perk of me having my own business:mrcool

Sweet Dreamer

4 Saxes, 4 Guitars, Acoustic bass,Fiddle ,Flute, Clarinet, 4 whistles,keys, Virtual VST/ analoue synths,Misc Percussion. :mrcool

Oh good. I'm only a half-blasphemer. 2 Saxes, 2 Guitars, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Clarinet, 0 whistles (but I have had some in my shopping cart at various times), Yamaha keyboard, and Misc Percussion. Oh, yeah, Banjo and Viola too. And did I mention Bass Guitar?

I'm going to divorce the Clarinet though. But I was almost the blasphemous spouse of a Bass Clarinet at one time too.

I need therapy for sure.

I forgot to mention the three Trumpets. A Pocket Trumpet, an old Bundy, and now my new Silver Trumpet.

My new trumpet came just today!

It's too cold to play it right now though. It's been sitting outside on the doorstep all day. I have it by the heat register warming up! The poor saxes are going to be placed on a back-burner once again.

Clivey

I sold all my brass in the 90`s.

"I need therapy for sure"

No. Your music is the reason you don`t REALLY need therapy:mrcool:)))

Sweet Dreamer

No. Your music is the reason you don`t REALLY need therapy:mrcool:)))

Good point. I've really been getting into exploring tonal development and viewing each and every note and phrase I play as "music".

I've been partly inspired by the playing of this girl. Notice how she stops to meditate for a moment before she begins. She really gets into the mindset of the music before she even begins to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweet Dreamer

Ok, I'm on dial-up here, so I'll have to wait until I can drive over to the Library to watch the humiliation that's being placed upon me via youtube.

In the meantime I thought I'd just report that I'm actually learning II Silenzio. That girl makes it look easy, but I already had to transpose it about two whole steps below where she's playing just to put it within the reach of my current range.

Top Bottom