support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophone diploma

robert1960

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about maybe studying for the diploma for jazz saxophone. Does anyone have any recommendations and experiences of this?

Thanks,

Robert

Chris98

Hi Robert,

I'd suspect a Music Diploma would be something you would consider once you had successfully completed your music grades up to grade 8 hence not something I know much about but with your experience it might be very rewarding.

This is a snipet from Trinity College:

Guidance on Levels of Diplomas

Trinity Guildhall has 3 levels of diplomas:

Associate (e.g. ATCL, AMusTCL) - NQF Level 4

These diplomas are comparable with the standard reached at the end of a first year in a full-time undergraduate course at a conservatoire, university or other higher education institution.

Licentiate (e.g. LTCL, LMusTCL) - NQF Level 6

These diplomas are comparable with the standard reached at the end of the final year a full-time undergraduate course at a conservatoire, university or other higher education institution.

Fellowship (e.g. FTCL, FMusTCL) - NQF Level 7

Theses diplomas are comparable with the standard reached at the end of the postgraduate course at a conservatoire, university or other higher education institution.

I suspect Pete might be able to shed some more light on this as I think he used to teach on an undergraduate course.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom