All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Accessories Saxmute One or Best Brass Whisper Mute

Päng

Hello,
I know these have been discussed before but Im wondering if anyone has had the chance to try both and think one is superior?
Im thinking of getting one or the other for my alto. Thoughts?

Thanks!

SaxoFREAK

saX on the bEaCH..
Not tried either but if I practice in the evening I stick a pair of rolled up socks in my alto's bell, not ideal but it works for me lol! :yess:

OP
P

Päng

Ill try the foam/sponge mutes and see if I think its good enough.
Maybe the sock thing too.
Thanks guys

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Hello,
I know these have been discussed before but Im wondering if anyone has had the chance to try both and think one is superior?
Im thinking of getting one or the other for my alto. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Best Brass mutes aren't available any more....

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
I tried a SaxMute on my tenor when I started, but I felt that it changed the feel of the sax so much that it was probably not a helpful practice tool for me as a beginner.

Justin Chune

In ye old days sax players made their own mutes using a drapers ring. The wooden ring was lapped with cloth to reduce the size of the hole and the ring could be tilted in the bell to the sound level desired. This is from an old sax method I once read.

A cheap and cheerful solution.

Jules

play directly into a wardrobe full of clothes, that works surprisingly well...

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
play directly into a wardrobe full of clothes, that works surprisingly well...
[BGCOLOR=transparent]I'm a naturist, so my wardrobe is very limited! [/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=transparent]:rolleyes:[/BGCOLOR]

Jules

[BGCOLOR=transparent]I'm a naturist, so my wardrobe is very limited! [/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=transparent]:rolleyes:[/BGCOLOR]
They don't have to be your clothes... but the idea of breaking into someone else's house to honk at their accumulated attire is somewhere on the wrong side of creepy!

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom