support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SaxKing from the land of sun and beaches. Happy to join you all..

saxking49

Locality
Dana Point, Southern Califorina
Just a quick shout to say Hi. Hope to hear and share with you fellow sax lovers. :thumb:

Welcome to the forum,bet its nice and warm out there!:mrcoolBumnote.

Hi Bumnote,
Yes, So. California has some great weather. I've played alot of outdoor gigs..Don't forget sunscreen! Where are u situated?

When I read the title, I thought you must be from Skegness!

I suppose California is a close second. :)))
Welcome to the cafe!

Hi Taz.. Great photo. We get alot of sun out here. I've got to google Skegness. Is that where you mates to to sun?

Ha ha, you'd have to go there to truly experience the way the wind whips through your Duffle coat and blows the sand into you cheese and pickle sandwiches!

Taz...cheese and pickle sandwiches..Sounds delightful...going to make one right now!
Don't do that much on this side of the pond.

Just to give you something to compare our golden beaches to yours, here is the attire for California

thong.jpg

And here is the correct apparel for Skeggy (as it's colloquially known)

dufflecoat.jpg

Taz...cheese and pickle sandwiches..Sounds delightful...going to make one right now!
Don't do that much on this side of the pond.
The usual preferred style of pickle for a "cheese and pickle" sandwich is a brand called Branston pickle, which I suspect is not available over the pond in the States. Ideally a mature farmhouse cheddar, preferably made from whole raw milk (unpasteurised) and matured for 9 months or more - that'll tingle the tastebuds!

Welcome - I live in Shropshire which is a landlocked county, so we don't get fierce winds blowing off the North Sea sand-blasting us here like Skegness or Scarborough

Hi Taz, Yes we get some tongs here in So Cal. Now that I know what to wear in Skeggy, I think I stay home.
Tenorviol, thanks for the info on cheese and pickle sandwich. if I get over there I will try one.

Andy, thanks for the welcome.

Got to get ready for gig tonight. Take care till next post. SaxKing aka Gary King

Welcome to the caff©, SaxKing.

What was that song Albert wrote? Ah yes, "It never rains in Southern California. It pours, it just pours." >:)

ENJOY!​™

Big welcomes to Saxking from sunny Lincolnshire, in fact not that far from Skegness (aka the Last Resort). Contrary to popular belief, those of us on the North Sea Coast are NOT naturally pale blue in colour. Only between September and June, anyway.

Enjoy your visits to this thoroughly enjoyable madhouse where it is a crime to take life too seriously.

Dave

Welcome to the cafe SaxKing :D

What style of music are you playing ? What's your taste in music ? How did the gig go ? Nosey i know, but that's just the way we are here on here :)

Hi Saxking I`m a newbie here but you wont find a nicer bunch of Guys and Gals in any other forum.

Enough said about how cold it is in Skegness. I am an exiled Geordie living in London and in my youth the whole town of Whitley Bay (Northeast coast.) one January flocked to see Barnum and Bailey`s circus featuring a dancing Polar bear. Unfortunately the bear succumbed to a harsh north-easterly wind coming down the Tyne (river} and froze to death.

Now that is what I call cold.

Now that could be a cold tall story, but we are not that far from a town who hung a monkey as a spy because they thought it was French. So draw your own conclusions. Best regards N.

I think that its wrong to blame St. Andreas - more likely to have been Nick Wyver playing his old Guardala. Or even Joshua Fitt....

By the way, a Big Welcome from Skabertawe, mind. The hills are alive with the sound of Snake Davis. :sax:

Welcome Saxking, by now I am sure you have got the measure of the forum members:)

Jx

And welcome from quite sunny, but damned hot and sticky, Grenada in the Caribbean.

All this talk of Skegness, shivering, damp, cold, etc...thought I better even things up a bit.

Cheers,
Martin

Back
Top Bottom