All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Sax tipes

Malcolm

Onlooking at the dates and numbers on saxes, there are many makes, but mine is not there. I have an Adolphe Sax number 740 and would like to know a bit about when he had a factory and so on.
Malcolm

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the BR, Malcolm.
I'm sure you will receive a more informed answer from other members but stay and enjoy.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
These are great horns, mid 20s I think and when the Adolphe Sax name was owned by Selmer. I had one for a while (ser no 230) .They are actually more modern and better sounding horns than the Selmers of that era IMO.

Bari251

You could have a look on the Vintage Saxophone Gallery website...
http://www.saxpics.com/
If you want to find out about Adolph Sax; Google or Wikipedia is a good starting point.
There is an excellent museum in Brussels, with lots of originals. I'm still trying to find out the dates when they play them.
Another Malcolm

Malcolm

Thanks for the tips. I checked it out and found a number 11200 under the D key. This is aparently the Selmer number and dates my sax at about 1929. I used to play a lot when living in Cambridge in the 60's, but coming to Saldanha in S. Africa in 1976 I put it away as there was not much going on here. Now 40 years later I got it out of the case and it blows as good as ever.
Malcolm

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom