• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Sax stand

guyfromthesticks

I have a pup 5 months old who decided yesterday that chewing the foam on my sax stands looked like a good idea,
just as well after I've used my saxes I put them back in their cases. I know its easy enough to put a bit of tube foam back on but I could only get grey locally looks a bit Heath Robinson anyone know where I can get black?:(

Sounds like the pup needs a change of diet if it wants to be six months old! As a surrogate parent to five assorted canines I can sympathise with your problem- carpet seems a favoured delicacy with one of ours - but can offer no cast-iron cures. Just patience and tolerance. After all, could there be a hint of criticism here? Is your stand chozzled beyond the cobbling up with a substitute material as a temporary measure? The dog will eventually grow out of most bad habits; I live in hope in the case of our 5-year-old carpet eater!

Best of luck.

Dave

Sounds like the pup needs a change of diet if it wants to be six months old! As a surrogate parent to five assorted canines I can sympathise with your problem- carpet seems a favoured delicacy with one of ours - but can offer no cast-iron cures. Just patience and tolerance. After all, could there be a hint of criticism here? Is your stand chozzled beyond the cobbling up with a substitute material as a temporary measure? The dog will eventually grow out of most bad habits; I live in hope in the case of our 5-year-old carpet eater!

Best of luck.

Dave
It also eats tables better grow out of it soon or it will getting a move outside.

Sorry to hear about your naughty puppy, I am sure that he/she will grow out of it soon. Our lab used to be quite fond of nibbling curtains, but now he is 10 he has lost interest!
If you have more than one sax, I just found this:
http://www.djmmusic.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=WIS49-BK
Seems like a bargain at £7.09 plus £4.50 delivery, I'm almost tempted to get one myself even though I don't need one!

Sorry to hear about your naughty puppy, I am sure that he/she will grow out of it soon. Our lab used to be quite fond of nibbling curtains, but now he is 10 he has lost interest!
Seems like a bargain at £7.09 plus £4.50 delivery, I'm almost tempted to get one myself even though I don't need one!
I am struggling manfully to refrain from making the obvious comment about GAS - this could be a new category based on "I'll have one whether I need it or not". To be honest I share your temptation, but I will have to buy another flute, or clarinet to fill the spare peg.

Dave

I am struggling manfully to refrain from making the obvious comment about GAS - this could be a new category based on "I'll have one whether I need it or not". To be honest I share your temptation, but I will have to buy another flute, or clarinet to fill the spare peg.

Dave

Haha! Go on - you know you want to! They have some clarinets in the sale too!
To be honest I am gutted that I have only just found that stand after recently paying £40+ for a Hercules one that looks very similar! Just thought I should share, the reviews seem to be good :)

Jo

I had one of those stands - lost it in a divorce- but it was fantastic. Took both my tenor and aoot and a flute perfectly. At that price it's a steal!

£8.99 delivered, same seller, here: http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/1308...ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=64&ff19=0

You know I'll always find it cheaper!!

;}

These really cheap stands don't really work that well. Good chance of the sax falling off, as I know from experience. Strongly succest you stick to a good quality product such as Koenig & Meyer or Hercules. It's worth the extra. Both make good quality foldable stands that are great for taking on a gig. Prefer Hercules myself, but ymmv.

Back
Top Bottom