All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Sax Repair videos

littleplum

Moz

Hi folks

I found these on youtube. I am not sure she should work for an organisation called 'expertvillage' especially the way she is using that brush to clear the dust off the sax!! a bit heavy handed i think. In the second video should you really use talcum powder on your pads? wont that clog up when it gets wet?

see what you think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME9St3XHvFE&NR=1&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6yrpvaQKo&NR=1

Dave

"The horns are new, the pads are new, or they need to be replaced"!!! *** is she talking about?!

I agree, in the first video she is a bit aggressive with what looks like a paintbrush (but may be softer I suppose). Cursory, definitely -- I wish I could clean my sax that quickly and still make it effective but I think I'll still take half an hour over it in my own sweet time.

Second vid -- hmmm, not sure about the talc. I think you may be right about moisture and it's effect as a congealing agent for powdered rock! I use lighter fluid on giant cigarette (yeah right) papers to clean my pads and it's been working fine for the last six years since I started playing.

In summary -- don't do it like that, don't clean the sax like that, don't unstick the pads like that, don't have your hair cut like that! :w00t:

cherrybyte

The whole series of 'expert' village is suspect if you look at others on different subjects some of the people are 'strange' to say the least..and the advice..'nuff' said...but they are American..;)

Taz

Busking Oracle
Ooooops was that a broken spring I heard pinging across the room? No no no I'll clean mine like you lot thanks, with a little tlc! ( No I didn't miss the "a")

Der Wikinger

Expert Village: X is the mathematical symbol for the unknown, and a Spert is a drip under pressure, so instead of a village idiot, we have a village of idiots! What a concept!

Top Bottom