All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Sax Playdays in Leicester and Market Deeping (nr Peterborough

littleplum

Hi Folks

StaxofSax are spreading our wings and taking our workshops into Lincolnshire as well as Leicester.

Both days will be the same, the idea is just to give more players the opportunity to get together and have a great day playing the instrument they love without having to travel to far.

The dates are :-Leicester Wednesday 17th August 2011

and :-Market Deeping Friday 19th August 2011

The days are open to both individual players and existing ensembles with the aim of playing in both large and small groups with performance opportunities during the day.

We have had quite a few cafe members attend and hopefully we can meet some more of you at both of these days. As usual we will donate 10% of the players ticket cost to the forum charity.

Here are the links to the details of the events, and this time we have produced a printer friendly version if you want to give some to your friends. We will, of course, post you copies if you would prefer, just let me know.

Full Flyer

[URL="https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8Y8-UhwS1R3OGRlODA5MjktNzk2Yi00Y2E0LTk3ZjgtNTRkNzE1OTVjYzk5&hl=en_US

17th August Printer Friendly

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8Y8-UhwS1R3NDcxOWM0ZWQtOGM0Ni00N2E4LWE2ZjctMTQyMGI3YWY5NjFk&hl=en_US

19th August Printer Friendly

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8Y8-UhwS1R3ZWVlNzcxMzUtZjEwMi00ZGRmLTkxZTMtZmZlZjZlZGMwMWRl&hl=en_US

(If someone is able to explain hyperlinks to me that would be gratefully appreciated)

Please pass these links on to as many sax players as you can and lets see if we can fill the days.

Look forward to meeting some of you soon

regards

Dave

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Hi Dave,

Fancy bringing it north to Scotland? Nothing like that seems to happen up here!

Good Luck,

Amanda

littleplum

What do you mean nothing happens like that! you've got the international Saxophone congress at St Andrews next year for a whole week. That should be good hahha

Seriously Amanda we would love to if we could work out the logistics of it, why not organise one yourself or pester a local teacher to do it.

Let us know if you do get one started

regards

Dave

Pyrografix

Senile Member
......I am working on my tutor, along with some other like-minded folk, to get something off the ground.

The Int Sax Congress was supposed to be in Aberdeen last year I think (or was it the year before?), but it hit the rocks due to lack of support/funding:verysad

Dave Mac

Honest, I'm Trying
Subscriber
Amanda/Dave,
I'd certainly be interested in a Scottish venue - as you say, not much happens up here!! I'm sure most other Scot Cafe members would be supportive also.

Dave.

littleplum

Hi Fraser your place is booked.

I went to the national Sax congress this year in London and if the international one has a similar standard of performances then you guys are in for a big treat.

Sunray

Hi Folks ...

-------------- 8< -------------- Polite Snip -------------- 8< --------------

19th August Printer Friendly

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...ZjEwMi00ZGRmLTkxZTMtZmZlZjZlZGMwMWRl&hl=en_US

(If someone is able to explain hyperlinks to me that would be gratefully appreciated)

regards

Dave
Hey Dave ...

Your almost there mate ...

Type for Example [Link is Here] ... :)

Now use your mouse to highlight and then copy the above link ...

Yep - Your Long typed out link from above ...

Then Highlight the place you wish to make your hyperlink [Link is Here], look at the Icons above this entry box [You must be in the reply to post mode to see this] ... Just below the smiley face there is a world with a Paper-clip - next to an Icon of a world with a Red X on it ... ...

Left click the one with the Paper-clip [Hyperlink] ... A small box opens - Paste your copied copied link into the box ... and click OK ... :mrcool Job Done ... You have made your link clickable ...

[Link is Here] - See this Example ...

Hope that helps mate ... :)

PS - If you don't see the world icon with the red X - click the Go Advanced Box ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fraser Jarvis

Hey Dave ...

Your almost there mate ...

Type for Example [Link is Here] ... :)

Now use your mouse to highlight and then copy the above link ...

Yep - Your Long typed out link from above ...

Then Highlight the place you wish to make your hyperlink [Link is Here], look at the Icons above this entry box [You must be in the reply to post mode to see this] ... Just below the smiley face there is a world with a Paper-clip - next to an Icon of a world with a Red X on it ... ...

Left click the one with the Paper-clip [Hyperlink] ... A small box opens - Paste your copied copied link into the box ... and click OK ... :mrcool Job Done ... You have made your link clickable ...

[Link is Here] - See this Example ...

Hope that helps mate ... :)

PS - If you don't see the world icon with the red X - click the Go Advanced Box ...
....??? Beats the hell out of me, think i'll just stick to playing my sax.....

Fraser Jarvis

You can do it Frazer ... You can do it mate ... ;}
I tried i just couldent, i'm what i like to call "technicaly thick" when it comes to do with anything to do with computers, plasma tellys, Garmin watches (that lasted litteraly two days by the way) i cant even get new apps on my iphone, it's all just beyond me, when i lost all my toolbars and favorites whilst messing with the Garmin i spent ages trying to get it all to re-apear without success, in the end i had to get my nine year old to fix it, which she did in a jiffy...same thing with my spelling, havent a clue how to get the spell check fingy to work!

Sunray

Crafy Bugger ...

Yeah! I know mate ... ;}

I have been caught out like that before ...

Someone says:

I can't do "So n So" - Will you show me how you do it ... Lol :)))

So I do it for them while they go down the pub and leave me to it ... :shocked:

littleplum

Hey Sunray thanks for that, does this only work on the forum or can I use it else where? I will work my way through the process tomorrow.

Cheers

Dave

Sunray

You should find it the same - or at least very similar anytime you are using a browser - the principle are the same in most places mate ...

Have fun ... ;}

JasonC

Hi Dave, is this a separate thing to what I had booked for August or am I all set to go?

littleplum

Your set to go Jason, best get your Ska hat and shades out for this one!!

Good luck for your Grade 1 deep breaths and you will be fine

anyone else want to join us for the day?

cheers

Dave

littleplum

Thanks to Sunray I think I have managed to setup a hyperlink. The reason for needing to do this is that on the Market Deeping flyer, I have noticed that we put the wrong day, it should read Friday the 19th of August. Lets see if this works

19th August

and also we have updated of brochure to promote the Drew Stansell workshop on the 17th of August

17th August

It would be great to see a few more of you at the events, don't forget we make a contribution to Petes charity for every forum member that attends. So you could tell your other half that instead of mowing the lawn or going to work, you are taking part in a charity fund raising event. They cant argue with that surely???

Hope to see you there

Regards

Dave

Sunray

Top of the Class ... [Gold Star awarded] ...

Well done Dave - 10 out of 10 mate ;}

:welldone

Top Bottom