PPT mouthpieces

Sax On The Web forums currently offline

dubrosa22

Locality
Sydney, Australia
Sorry to cross-promote ;} ...but is it just me or have the Sax on the Web forums been offline now for a couple of hours???

I was just about to PM someone about a mpc sale and BOOM it was gone!
'Database Error' :shocked:

You might have caught a backup window.... But I don't really know.

As the Irish say, "Let's be grateful for small Murphies."

It's still down....they are all sleeping over there too so might not get seen for a while?

It's still down....they are all sleeping over there too so might not get seen for a while?

It happens from time to time. Both SOTW and this forum rely on the dreaded vBulletin. I imagine Harri may be doing an upgrade.

vBulletin issue upgrades to the software every couple of months and whenever you upgrade everything generally goes T over A, which is why I haven't upgraded this one for many months now.

Generally an upgrade involves one small improvement, six new bugs, hours of recustomising the design and a large chunk of the database going missing.

LOL sounds like most software updates....
Aahhh... the JOY of IT implementation:)))
What do you mean, 'did I back it up before applying the changes?':optimistic:
Oh, you mean we have to back the change out and start again? And we haven't got a back-up of the old one? :eek:
So, plan b is go back to LAST WEEK'S version and...... it'll take forever! :doh:

No, never been there.....>:)

I was just thinking this sounds like Microsoft. But having done a Win 7 new build and an Ubuntu upgrade recently, it sounds more like Ubuntu to me. MS seem to be getting their act together. At last.

Thought you'd be more of a Red Hat man, Kev.

Would match his nose.>:)

It is back on, if anyone is still worried.

2 bargain Alto mouthpieces of note in the Marketplace - based in UK: Morgan Fry NYZ - £107, and Ed Pillinger LA for £79 - for sale by johnw!
Kind regards
Tom

Kev,
Stop crying. It was only a joke.
Ask wifey to kiss it better.
Sneaks away feeling ashamed...............................................................

Back
Top Bottom