All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Microphones Sax mic?

Alc.

Locality
High plains of N/W New Mexico.
I hope I won't be banned for asking so %###&&!! many questions, but where can I find an alto mic that will work well with Audacity? Previously I saw that the Realistic 33-1063 was a good choice, but even Radio Shack doesn't carry them any more. Suggestions?

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
I hope I won't be banned for asking so %###&&!! many questions, but where can I find an alto mic that will work well with Audacity? Previously I saw that the Realistic 33-1063 was a good choice, but even Radio Shack doesn't carry them any more. Suggestions?

Ask as many as you like, keeps them out of mischief ;)

Jx

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
I've been using a cheap Atus atr-30 lately. Sounds ok to me.

Alc.

Locality
Mel, judging from the Ebay photos it doesn't appear to be designed as a clip-on. Might be a bit bulky with the dual mics.

Nick, I'm still looking at the Altus. Is that used as am amp or for recording with backtracks?

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
Nick, I'm still looking at the Altus. Is that used as am amp or for recording with backtracks?

I've only used it so far for recording with backing tracks as here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alc.

Locality
Thanks, Colin. More interesting avenues to pursue.

Nick, the mic results are clear and true. And your improv with the track is especially impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Jose

Locality
Granada
I´m using a http://www.thomann.de/es/the_tbone_ovid_system_cc_100.htm, it works fine and it´s really cheap. You´ll need to buy a holder separately...,or make it....like me... the cheapest sax microphone holder in the world !
micro1.jpg
micro5.jpg
micro.jpg

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom