All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Sax Meditations...

Mike

This may be boring for some and understandably so. However, It was more like
meditation using a saxophone. It really gave me a feeling of solitude with eyes closed and trying to get inside the sounds that were coming out. I've been a practioner of Kriya Yoga for 23 years and so I was trying to relate to pranayama (breath movement/control).

It's probably the simplest and uneventful, from a technical standpoint, I've ever played and probably the most stimulating for me. There's purity in simplicity and maybe this is what I always lacked in my playing.
I feel really calm......lol......

Sax Meditations
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1289603

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Very nice.I liked towards the end you really played less and it felt very calm,relaxing.Nice to hear a different side of you.Felt personal.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
I like that you are not semi retired anymore.

This is really good, you need to put it together with a yoga dvd. I can just feel the sax helping you move and stretch in to some poses and hold.

Inspired:)

Jx

Mike

I like that you are not semi retired anymore.

This is really good, you need to put it together with a yoga dvd. I can just feel the sax helping you move and stretch in to some poses and hold.

Inspired:)

Jx
Thank you...
as an added plus, I could throw in some screamin altissimo for the primal scream therapy classes....lol

much appreciated....

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Meditation is a good description as there is a long careful and conscious (but unconscious) thread to this. Lovely with every note nurtured and considered. Ya don't have to burn to be bright.

Mike

Meditation is a good description as there is a long careful and conscious (but unconscious) thread to this. Lovely with every note nurtured and considered. Ya don't have to burn to be bright.
Lovely.....Ya don't have to burn to be bright!.......I like that.....

thank you!

Mike

Love it Mike, also, just wondering did you ever try chakra balancing while practicing the major scale in long tones ??
Chakra balancing, yes....However, I prefer the harmonic minor with a slight variance using quarter tones....;}

Thanks very much Yani!

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom