sax gone missing

mojo

Well, I finally did it. Ordered the Bauhaus Walstein phosphur bronze alto on Tuesday. It hadn't arrived by yesterday afternoon, so I rang Woodwind and Brass this morning, only to find out that it had been delivered....to the wrong address in my street :mad: I went to the house before going to work but there was no answer. I'll be going back today after work, but don't hold out much hope of getting anywhere. I can't believe I finally had the money saved up for my first sax and someone else has it. :crying:

Pjonah

OMG this is one of my recurring knightmares.

My neighbour is a complete arse, I know if anything was delivered to them, I'd never see it!

I have a colleague at work who lives next to some people whom are of their heads most of the time, he ordered a new digital SLR only to have it delivered to them in his absence. You guessed it, they tried to sell it on ebay, even though they had signed for it.....D'oh!:)))

OP
M

mojo

I've had various people going to the wrong address, but usually the same wrong address. Taxi, pizza, my son's passport :shocked: this time it was different. It was delivered to number 2 instead of 27, and it was signed for

OP
M

mojo

:w00t: Went back to the delivery address after work and they had my parcel. They had opened the delivery note but the rest was unopened. Now to go and see if I can get a note out of it :D

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I'm lucky, my neighbours are great this way - if they get a parcel for me, they're knocking on the door just after we get home:) Works both ways!

Really glad you've got the instrument. Have fun!

OP
M

mojo

I couldn't wait to get the parcel back to my house and open it, and I wasn't disappointed. The phosphur bronze looks gorgeous. It took quite a few attempts to be able to get a sound out of it :blush: and I don't know who got the bigger shock at that first honk - me or the cat :)
I'm looking forward to puting in plenty of practice now - just hope the new neighbours don't mind too much

rob1969

i am so glad you got it you could let next door now your learning the saxophone just as a warning lol all mine are ok next door can be a funny cow some times they have conivers so i cut the over ang off not spoke since so when house is empty at about 8.30 am i blow like hell or i will put petes dvd on tv on wall so she get all the feedback lol
anyway in joy and have fun

Top Bottom