All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

SOLD Sakkusu C-Melody Saxophone

Ads

Locality
North West UK
For Sale . Sakkusu C-Melody Sax in the less common and nicer Bronze/Rose brass (whatever you call it) . this is in near mint condition and plays superbly , please read the review in the resources/reviews section as the side trills are a bit longer to reach (the thumb rest could be extended) due to Sax.co`s maker basically making a Yani A902 in C-Melody!

This comes with the original case , Original neck strap (both also near mint) and a new, only tested Rico Graftonite A3 mouthpiece with used lig . unlike old C-Melodies, the Sak has been designed to be used with Alto pieces which tune up fine . Selling this so soon because I got it to use in the folk group insead of the C clarinet (as I`m a sax player) but it doesn`t sit well as Tenor didn`t either so I`m going to re-learn the songs on the proper clarinet.

Asking £400, 5% goes to the Forum , these are £700 new and Sax.co sell them as fast as they land . I`d prefer a UK sale but willing to ship in Europe as far as Austria . Courier and Paypal fees are of course Extra .a rare chance to get a bang up to date C-Melody to accompany guitar / keyboard etc based bands with ease :)

full size Dropbox Pics here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nx7vm4jfvne13jj/AADb0VfjUm1GQY_3VYqUet3Qa?dl=0

Sakkusu-C-Mel-4.JPG

Sakkusu-C-Mel-5.JPG

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Soprano C sits well with folk music as does the Xaphoon. I wish I had the funds. I need a melody C.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ads

Ads

Locality
North West UK
yeah, I can see Sop C sitting well, the C clarinet did ..

Di in France

Locality
France
Hi Ads,
I'm interested in this,how does it play? I don't know much about the quality of Sakkusu.

Ads

Locality
North West UK
Thanks Nick ;)

These like the current Altos & Tenors are made in China by a company called Jinbao who were chosen by Sax.co.uk because of consistency and build quality without having to pay Taiwanese prices ....... the horn plays absolutely beautifully end to end with a solid tight sound , intonation is excellent and it doesn`t "Moo" like some vintage horns and it takes Alto mouthpieces . having a Microtuner is weird .
The only handling "issue" due to it being a C-mel is the distance from the thumbrest to the side trills being further than usual , a stepped move plate could be made to move the thumbrest back if you use these all the time , otherwise ergos are like a Yani ..

Review is here by me on this actual horn

Last edited by a moderator:

Ads

Locality
North West UK
One thing I`ll point out and I`m sure Jules will back me up on this - these horns sell at Sax.co as fast as they can get them in the door ....... at £700 !!

Ads

Locality
North West UK
Carriage at a packaged size of 88X50X45cm up to 15Kg would be

£20 + Insurance (if wanted) to UK bar highlands and islands Via City Link
£35 + Insurance (if wanted) to France Via UPS

Ads

Locality
North West UK
Provisionally Sold within the UK Di so you`ve been saved the Anguish :)

Ads

Locality
North West UK
Sold ........ Donation Pending horn's delivery

Jamesmac

Ads. I had my hand in my pocket, was very tempted, I think the great advantage this horn has, is using your own Alto Mouthpiece, I have an exceptional Ed Pillinger NYA in Bronzite. I wouldn't have taken any of the advice given in the post, apart from your own excellent reviews of course, but just felt it's an instrument that I would need to blow on first. Mainly because of it being a C Melody. But pleased for that you sold it. BTW why not get an A Clarinet for the folk group, as they tend to play in the sharp keys.
Sold ........ Donation Pending horn's delivery

Ads

Locality
North West UK
Thanks Jim , I`ll stick with playing the regular Bb, I don`t want to buy any more Clarinets ..

Ads

Locality
North West UK
It was a very rare opportunity to get an almost brand new one with the less common rose brass body & Bell at a fraction of the price, I hope Amanda likes C-Melody - at least if she doesn`t , she`ll have no problems selling it ;) ..

Ads

Locality
North West UK
Arrived with Amanda safe and sound ............ Donation Fee (£20) paid along with Amanda who`s VERY Generously paid the same as well - don`t forget to give her special preference membership @Jeanette !!!

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Donations gratefully received from both:)

Many thanks

Jeanette

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom