All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Rovner ligature to fit ebonite baritone mouthpiece

MMM

Looking for a Rovner soft ligature to fit a Selmer (Soloist) ebonite Baritone mouthpiece.

Let me know if you have one to sell!

Thank you!
M.

thomsax

I have no Rovner but 2 BG (leather) baritone ligature. One BG Std L15 and one BG Revelation L15R. I can't say for sure if they fit a Selmer mpc but according to BG broschure the should fit ebony mpc's. Both are unused but they are at least 15 years old!

Thomas

MMM

Thank you and Thanks Thomas, I'll consider it if a ROvner doesn't turn up: btw how much are you asking for the BG Leather? You can PM me if you like!
Regards,
M.

thomsax

Thank you and Thanks Thomas, I'll consider it if a ROvner doesn't turn up: btw how much are you asking for the BG Leather? You can PM me if you like!
Regards,
M.
Well they are just laying here in my drawer so if you want one you have to do a donation. I don't want any money. A std BG bari(no cap) is around £ 30.00? The Revelation around is around £ 60.00 w cap. As I wrote they are unused but not the latest models. But ok to me. I use a BG std lig on my Dukoff bari mpc and I think they are good.

picconose

Put a rubber band on a reed to hold it on the mouthpiece, and wrap a string around the mpce/reed combination. Measure the string, and send the dimension to Phil Rovner. HE canmake any size mouthpiece ligature you need, provided he has the dimensions. He will probably use a standard set of bars to wrap the material on, so that length is not critical to him. He also knows the width of bari sax reeds, and will know how long a ligature screw to use. Several years ago, he sat in with a big band where I was playing, and I asked him if he could make a ligature to fit my Otto Link Super Tone Master bari mpce. That's how I know he can do it. I can't reember how much he charged me for it, but as I recall it wasn't exhorbitant.

MMM

Thanks Picconose, but the 3R will fit, no need for custom size. But good to know, I had no idea they could be made to size!

Cheers,
M.

Colin the Bear

I made mine out of a cheap Chinese copy. Took the bars off the vinyl and ditched it, cut some leather to size and glued it up. Works a treat. £3ish.

MMM

Sorry for the late post: I would like to thank Thomsax for donating the ligature, I have made a donation to the charity!

Thanks again Thomas!
M.

Top Bottom