PPT mouthpieces

Round Midnight ... My attempt

Hey Saxade,very enjoyable listen thanks for posting:welldone:welldone
Cheers

Chris

Great stuff Saxade, i can't wait until i get upto that standard :welldone lovely tone

Very nice Adrian, good backing track too. Is it your own?. I love to play this on Tenor and guitar (not at the same time).
Andrew

It sounds great, what recording software do you use?

Nice one Andrew ...

Brilliant mate ... :thankyou:

Thank you everyone for you kind words & encouragement ... much appreciated.. :blush:

Very nice Adrian, good backing track too. Is it your own?. I love to play this on Tenor and guitar (not at the same time).
Andrew
Thanks Andrew
It is of a backing track called "Guest Spot: Classic Blues Playalong For Alto Saxophone"

It sounds great, what recording software do you use?

Well it is nothing as nice as Juju's setup... Iam using a Samson CO3 condenser Microphone interfaced with Tascam US-122 to GarageBand

Thanks again everyone
Adrian

Thanks for the info Adrian, I'm just looking to change the software I use to record and I thought your recording sounded great, which is why I asked. Yes Juju's setup is good but I can't justify paying that much yet! not unless it turns me into a better sax player as well :)

Very nice Adrian, sounds great! I would love to hear your Mark VI tenor, too!

Thanks for the info Adrian, I'm just looking to change the software I use to record and I thought your recording sounded great, which is why I asked. Yes Juju's setup is good but I can't justify paying that much yet! not unless it turns me into a better sax player as well :)
:)
Although it may turn you into a better sounding sax player (i.e., if you are after a particular sound, a good setup will support your sound instead of compromising it). If you really get into recording and microphones, it's quite interesting to compare different mics and check what they do to your sound. Some mics will enhance certain frequencies which results in a fuller body or more heights, and this will define the overall sound. Of course, you can later boost/reduce areas using software. But it's quite nice to know what the different mics do to your sound and what their different characteristics are. And fortunately it's not always the most expensive mic that does the trick... And there is some fascinating software around, however I would always try to get a clean signal first and then look into software...

Thanks Andrew
It is of a backing track called "Guest Spot: Classic Blues Playalong For Alto Saxophone"
Thanks Adrian
I've just ordered it for tenor sax. Hope I can do it justice.
Andrew

Sounds pretty good Adrian, tough tune to improvise over! Sounds like a decent backing track.

A couple years back I recorded Round Midnight with a jazz combo, maybe I'll throw up a link.

-Neal

Very nice to listen to!
I played it for a couple of times :)
What mic do you use and what software editing do you use?

Thanks Woutver
See top of this page for recording info....

Very nice Saxade.

& Welcome to the fray.

Cheers
Jimu

Back
Top Bottom