All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Rosedale Soprano Saxophone

Il Padrino

This soprano is Gear4Music's intermediate model.

http://www.gear4music.com/Woodwind-Brass-Strings/Rosedale-Intermediate-Soprano-Saxophone/8N0

The G4M saxes have been reviewed well. The Rosedale is the next model up from their basic models.

I've had this soprano for a few years now, and it's in pristine condition. Photos to follow. Shortly after buying it, I took a trip down to a well respected woodwind repairer to see if it needed anything doing straight from the factory (so to speak). Very little. In all honesty, I can't even remember what. A tweak here or there. Perhaps he might remember? I know he peruses this forum ;)

Blows beautifully, with both crooks. I prefer the straight more often, but depends on what I'm playing. Intonation great, and the keywork is based on a the Yanagisawa sopranos.

I'm only selling this due to debts owing elsewhere in life. C'est la vie.

If you're local, you're more than welcome to come and give it a try.

Any questions, please ask away.

£235 with 5% to Pete's charity, includes postage to the UK. If collecting in person, please remove £10.

Il Padrino

I'm limited to adding more photos, but if you'd like more, just contact me with an email address.

All felts, corks, pads excellent - no work needed at all.

Il Padrino

Quick recording/video of the soprano... Starts with a melody and then I just noodle for a bit, showing the fluidity of the keywork/soprano.

Last edited by a moderator:

Il Padrino

Yes, the stock mouthpiece with ligature is included, not the one I used in the video though.

It's similar in chamber and tip opening to a Yamaha 4C soprano, and having just blown it, I'll say it also is in clarity.

Bigtwin

Cool - not so sure about the WWF wrestling video that seems to have replaced yours though.....

Bigtwin

Know what it is - I've played it to the end once, and the next loading vid is the WWF stuff and it won't let me go back. Either that, or it's really a heavy sax and you have developed massive biceps and a liking for big decorative belts...

Il Padrino

As well as the stock mouthpiece, I'll include a Yanagisawa Ebonite 5 mouthpiece if sold via this site.

If it fails to sell by the weekend, I'll go via the Ebay route.

jrintaha

Payday and there's a mint soprano on sale here. I wish I had a gas mask. How much does it weigh and would you consider posting it to Finland?

Cheers,
Jori

Il Padrino

Payday and there's a mint soprano on sale here. I wish I had a gas mask. How much does it weigh and would you consider posting it to Finland?

Cheers,
Jori
Jori, I'm afraid someone's beaten you to it for the moment. I'll confirm later.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom