All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Rolling Stones dots

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
Does anyone here have dots for Bobby Keys’ sax parts & solos on Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street. I’ve scored some gigs with a stones tribute band at rather shorter notice than I’d like and need to get on the cases ASAP. OK- I know I should be shot if I can’t work these out myself but I’ve got a lot of work on and need to be on the case . Cheers…. Jules

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
The forum police are watching for copyright violations>:)

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Jules there are about 8/9 Bobby Keys transcriptions online non of which are the tunes you want. I guess it's down to someone with a pencil and time on there hands. btw Kev, I'm not sure if copyright applies to a transcription of a solo.

Chris..

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Jules there are about 8/9 Bobby Keys transcriptions online non of which are the tunes you want. I guess it's down to someone with a pencil and time on there hands. btw Kev, I'm not sure if copyright applies to a transcription of a solo.

Chris..

Just didn't want to be deleting offers of photocopies made from printed works.

Hope the gigs go well Jules! Some really tasty sax stuff on their. Sticky fingers was always a favourite.

thomsax

Locality
Sweden
Just transpription of the sax solos? Not the horn charts?

Reed Warbler

Locality
Marciac, France
Will you get to have a Bobby Keyes champagne bath, as described in the Keith Richard's autobiography?
And will anyone notice if you dont play it note for note?

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
Will you get to have a Bobby Keyes champagne bath, as described in the Keith Richard's autobiography?
And will anyone notice if you dont play it note for note?
too right…. though I'm more of a red wine sort of chap…. hmm.. that could be sticky!
point taken re the dots, but I'd like to at least know I know 'em before diving in (the fact my default tone is pretty Bobby Key-ish anyway helps...

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's

Chris..
Technically it does apply. The copyright in an improvised solo would belong to the composer/publisher of the work though, not the player who improvises.

thomsax

Locality
Sweden
Kev, I'm not sure if copyright applies to a transcription of a solo.

I think a transcription of a solo is protected by copyrights. For some years ago there was a transciption made that discribed a famous solo in a rocksax song. There is no transciption of solo. The transciption was going to be a part of a column. So it was not for sale. The writer had to discribed the solo by words. He wanted to be sure he didn't brake the laws.

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom