Roast Kassler

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Specially for Phil

Somewhat variable recipe, play it by ear...

Take a covered roasting pan, add a little oil. Heat.
Add veggies, especially sliced onions, carrot sticks, (engough for the meal...) and roll in the oil. Spuds if you want.
Add some herbs, pepper, no salt.
Add the Kassler and cook covered, basting the kassler and turning the veggies a couple of times.
Uncover for last 30 mins of cooking time.
Remove Kaessler and veggies. Should be some juice in the pan, use that and any meat juices after the kassler has stood for a while and extra veggie juice (see below) to make a gravy.

Serve. In thick slices. Extra, fast cooking veggies, like broccoli, beans, mash/boiled potatos can be served as well.

The Kassler make sexcellent sandwiches when cold.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Add veggies,
Sir,
Having had an amusing exchange regarding ancient motorcycles, I find your recipe extremely offensive.

Having respect for fellow sentient creatures, I am a vegetarian. Why do you suggest cooking us?
Is this another outbreak of Salem hysteria?

BTW:-What the hell is Kassler anyway? :confused:

OP
kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
lol.

Please realise that cannibalism and I are not good friends. Veggies I use strictly in the South African sense - a member of the plant kingdom that is good to eat - i.e. a contraction of the term vegetable, as opposed to the title adopted by some who choose not to eat non-human flesh. As vegetables were around before vegetarians, I claim prior use as to the meaning of the term veggies. One could argue (and I argue often) that the use of the term veggie to refer to other contractions of similar words is a result of vegetated thinking, manifested in a lack of sufficient imagination to come up with a new colloquialism for vegetarian which makes clear to the listener the real meaning of the word.

Kassler is a type of lightly smoked, cooked ham.

thehunt

Mmmmm Lecker. I always find meat the best vegetable anyway.
Specially for Phil

Somewhat variable recipe, play it by ear...

Add veggies, especially sliced onions, carrot sticks, (engough for the meal...) and roll in the oil. Spuds if you want.
Add some herbs, pepper, no salt.
Add the Kassler and cook covered, basting the kassler and turning the veggies a couple of times.
Uncover for last 30 mins of cooking time.
Remove Kaessler and veggies. Should be some juice in the pan, use that and any meat juices after the kassler has stood for a while and extra veggie juice (see below) to make a gravy.

Serve. In thick slices. Extra, fast cooking veggies, like broccoli, beans, mash/boiled potatos can be served as well.

The Kassler make sexcellent sandwiches when cold.

Top Bottom