support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Keyboards RIP Keith Emerson ...

RIP Keith.
I remember seeing him on stage in The Nice.

my childhood hero and lit the fire in me to learn and study - 'what's that chord he's playing and what's that riff'. He turned me on to Mcduff, Shearing and Monk. He was in my view primarily a jazz player, phenomenal chops, the best left hand, and a very creative writer. I met him in the late 90's and had nice chat with him. RIP Keith

it's getting more and more difficult as I mainly listen to music from the 50s->70s.

As a hammond organ passionate, Keith Emerson was a major influence....

And it's time to forgive him for all these poor organs he stabbed or broke.... :) He did it in a magical way after all...

Extended version of "Take a Pebble". Some wonderful improv in second half....

In the esteemed position of Social Secretary to the Student Union of my art college, I have to admit to using undue influence to bring The Nice to perform at the Summer Ball in about 1969. I was totally enthralled by the band, played their albums till my room-mates went into melt-down, proper obsessive fan. Then too overwhelmed and shy to go and say hello at the gig I got them......

Great Keyboard player and inspiration - 2016 really is becoming a Celebrity death year - not seen oe like it before !

Too many of the generation that made such a strong impression on my musical tastes are no more ...

At his best, Keith was phenomenal, and the sounds of his piano resonate deep in me.

Not to mention the Hammond Organ

Keith Emerson was my absolute rock hero back when I was 13-14. I always thought his best work was with The Nice, whose albums I still have. His 'classical' themes midway through improvisations prompted me to borrow LP's from the local library and discover true classical music. I also have the first couple of ELP albums but they just seem to get weirder and more absurd as his love of the Moog and and his showmanship seemed to me to get in the way of his musicianship.After the dreadful ELP 'reunion' tours I saw a clip which indicated that he was getting back to piano. So sad that someone with his musical abilities should meet death by his own hand. This is one of my favorite songs from The Nice period:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RSRoM_fc9I

My first taste was hearing Pictures at an Exhibition at a friends house. His Dad introduced me to Glen Miller. I liked both but they disapproved of the other. Funny old world

Back
Top Bottom